Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
brace
brace
B
Any coach/trainer worth a [censored] will tell you that kids play way too many games in way too many places, at the expense of training time and physical/emotional well-being.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Hmmmm, doesn't appear the leaders of Club Soccer think that way. Patriot, hows does that fit with 3 League play?

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Cajunkid

I see that you're new here so you may not have read the whole thread. I don't want to speak for anybody else, but on the previous page it was stated (by me) that Patriot's daughter's club team played 36-37 games in 5 months and she was not required to play in all of them.

One of the more competitive high school teams last year in Greenville played 30 games in less than 3 months. You can hide behind the '3 leagues' thing all you want. But I don't think that you can make a good point of playing too many games and not training enough while pointing a finger at clubs instead of high schools.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Harry, nobody is pointing fingers at anyone. High schools were playing soccer before Clubs even existed. Club, not High School is now stretching their season on top of the High School seasons. Club, (at the Premier Level), not High School has gotten to be year round. Only because of money did that team play in 3 leagues. I have been reading many of these posts, so I am pretty much up on the stuff. High School is fine to coexist with Clubs. But are Clubs happy to coexist with High School? If you and your kids are not happy with your High School do not play.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
So I guess I'll ask the question I asked earlier today. You say that this team played in 3 leagues only because of money. Do you know what fees the U-17 girls payed? They played in R3PLE and ECNL. Do you know what fees the U-18 girls played? They played in R3PLE and ECNL and SCSCL. I'm going to submit that the club fees were the same. Can you show me something that says otherwise? If the Club had this team play in 3 leagues to get more money, where did the extra money come from and how much was it?

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
I am going to argue with you when you say that High Schools are not stretching their season though. I believe I heard some of the girls were doing fitness with their high schools last month.

When you say that you don't think that clubs are happy to coexist with high schools, didn't this whole conversation start because a girl in AZ was forbidden by the HS ASSOCIATION to participate in showcase tournaments while her school was on a two week break?

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Cajunkid, that's pretty impressive. Almost all pac10 schools. is she or he in a soccer club out west?

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
No GB, read my post, 7 back, you will know where we are from. Question GB, didn't everyone on that Seattle trip from South Carolina get offers from west coast, far west and southwest schools? Wasn't that the purpose of the trip?

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Harry, the U18 CESA team played in the 3 leagues because CESA was not about to forgo any potential revenue. U18 had lost a ton of players from the previous season. U18 lost almost the entire previous season's Challenge team. This years U18 group really had only enough players to field one team. They chose to take what they could get and have one team do the play of typically a Premier and Challenge team.
Thus this group had to play in all the leagues, splitting up time, some play Premier, some Challenge and some all of it. It was about money. Of course the travel expense for those that had or did do all was much more than a normal season would entail.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
I guess we were different. No interest in playing out west. She picked the schools she wanted to attend and if that comes with soccer; great. Still waiting on one to respond. No reason to fly across the US to play soccer . If she wanted to play out west just send film. More than enough competition in a five hour radius. Especially u18. Most have decided where they are going so this was just good practice for them. Glad you love to travel. Do the math on what you spent over the last 10 years your child played and what the actual soccer payout is. At best a wash. But for some its not money and travel; its the child wanting to continue to play in college. If your child was good enough to get that many offers she didn't need Seattle.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard