Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
corner kick
corner kick
Riverside has gone from a big fish in a small pond to a small fish in a big pond. Deal with it!

I think they will in girls soccer. They are as good as any team in the state, Mauldin and Wando included. I think they have most all their starters back from last year, plus a couple of good additions.

Only time will tell
brace
brace
Quote:

yea,yea,yea...Its clear you continue to try to slight Riverside with your stats,but at the end of the day,we still have the championship trophies from the last 2 years!!!

Well we do have more money than you !!!!!

PS If I misread your post and you are just gloating then nothing I said here would matter anyway

Last edited by The Chief; 02/16/11 04:32 AM.
brace
brace
Quote:

with the loss of S. Aiken, Riverside and JL Mann 3a womens soccer has taken a big hit.looking at the top teams in 3a it is extremely weak.Unlike in years past the top 3a teams won't even be competitive playing 4a schools this year. All of the good soccer will be played in 4a. SCHSL needs to throw out the 48/48/48 rule, and actually look at the size of each school. There are 1600 pupil discrepancies between the larger 4a's and the smaller 4a's. You don't have this in 3a. In other sports like football Riverside doesn't stand a chance against the Dormans, Wando's and Byrnes.

Maybe soccer should go the way of footbal and have a two tier 4A top 24 and bottom 24 playoffs. The system already exists so we would only have to copy their format.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Sorry Chief your facts are not even close to being accurate. Riverside has been winning 3a championships for the past 20 years even when they were one of the smaller 3a schools. The difference in size between Riverside and Ft Mill currently is only about 200 students,(that's not very much), and yes Riverside is with the big fish now. with schools that have 1500 more students than Riverside, and were not complaining, we're actually looking forward to it. For the past 3 years a 1/3 of our schedule has been playing 4a schools, the same 4a schools that have been beating Ft Mill on a regular basis in playoffs. You seem to have a complex about Ft Mill not getting a fair shake. Well now 3a is for your taking. The problem is 3a soccer is dead now with JL Mann, Riverside and S. Aiken getting moved up with their student size schools at or around 1500. You should of been hoping those 3 teams stayed 3a.You would think Ft Mill would want the challenge of playing better competition. I guess your just looking for the easy ride to a 3a championship. If Ft Mill wants to get better start scheduling your out of conference games in the upstate, it will get you battle tested, make you a better team. Also your Club analogy is wrong. Transplants daughter and my daughter quit playing CESA premier before the CESA u18 2 league disaster started.

brace
brace
I have no desire to argue about this and really do not care, but since I tend to not allow people to sling mud at me without a response I have had to drudge this up again. Maybe it is time stop and learn to just let the mud slinging go on and ignore it.

Good luck on what I guess will be a good season for your girls, maybe we will watch each other play at the end of the year, I hope we are lucky and good enough to be there.

Maybe what I should have seen was a good natured poke by Transplant, who was mad that I pointed out FM is "richer" than Riverside and was once again dissing Riverside. Sorry maybe I am a little slow on the uptake these days

Last edited by The Chief; 02/16/11 04:31 AM.
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Since Mann steals from Mauldin, Riverside and Greenville we are changing our name to Mandinsideville. We will play both 3A and 4A this year since Greenville is in 3A. That should add a dozen games and we have two shots at state. Perfect.It worked for CESA.

Last edited by patriot; 02/16/11 08:52 PM.
Brace
Brace
You could almost reverse that ranking for basketball!

Brace
Brace
Quote:

Sorry Chief your facts are not even close to being accurate. Riverside has been winning 3a championships for the past 20 years even when they were one of the smaller 3a schools. The difference in size between Riverside and Ft Mill currently is only about 200 students,(that's not very much), and yes Riverside is with the big fish now. with schools that have 1500 more students than Riverside, and were not complaining, we're actually looking forward to it. For the past 3 years a 1/3 of our schedule has been playing 4a schools, the same 4a schools that have been beating Ft Mill on a regular basis in playoffs. You seem to have a complex about Ft Mill not getting a fair shake. Well now 3a is for your taking. The problem is 3a soccer is dead now with JL Mann, Riverside and S. Aiken getting moved up with their student size schools at or around 1500. You should of been hoping those 3 teams stayed 3a.You would think Ft Mill would want the challenge of playing better competition. I guess your just looking for the easy ride to a 3a championship. If Ft Mill wants to get better start scheduling your out of conference games in the upstate, it will get you battle tested, make you a better team. Also your Club analogy is wrong. Transplants daughter and my daughter quit playing CESA premier before the CESA u18 2 league disaster started.

The FM girls in the past have played a strong non-region schedule which includes the teams in their tournament and some very strong NC teams. I don't believe I have seen them stomped by anybody and came very close to knocking out Mauldin 2 yrs ago. If they had a vote, I would think they would have taken 4A in a heartbeat.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Watch out for Northwestern Girls team in the upcoming year, Great young team and a Great Coach!

B
brace
brace
B
In theory, a school's enrollment -- ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL -- affects its competitiveness. In reality ...
Coaching, facilities (quality and availability), student demographics and TRADITION collectively (and in some cases individually) outweigh enrollment.
It's that way in ALL high school sports.
It's also worth noting that "cycles" affect outcomes. Because H.S. kids (stars) come AND go in four short years, programs will experience ups and downs. The better PROGRAMS do a better job smoothing out the bumps.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard