Quote:

Old Gal,
I noticed in your 2/27(morning) post regarding The Sandhills Classic, your tense usage is incorrect. The use of the verbs "were"(twice) and "was" clearly indicate a past tense, yet the use of "appears" in your second sentence, is just as clearly present tense.
I wonder if your soccer program is proud that you represent your respective school?
By the way, I wonder if know that your closing sentence from above should end with a question mark and not a period.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Old Gal is pretty much ok with that post. Her beloved Red Foxes were (in a game that is already in the past) overmatched; the weather was (during the past match) nice, but South Aiken appears (currently, in the present, as the tournament is still in progress at the time of the post) to be the class of the tournament. "I wonder..." actually is a statement, not a question. She doesn't have to ask if she wonders; she's pretty well sure of it, just passing on the fact, and therefore the period is appropriate.

Anyway, enough nonsense, back to soccer--how 'bout them Beufort Eagles? My grammer is a big fan, but my granpa pulls for Summerville. I guess there's still a question mark about their bench talent according to Sconners, which could be a problem 'cause it's good to spell your players now and again so they come back fresh. One thing is for sure--the upcoming games will tell the tale...period.

I've got good news and bad news...