Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
TopDrawer released their 2013 Boys National Top 100 list today - http://topdrawersoccer.com/players-to-wa...ys-Begins-Today

Last edited by Kyle Heise; 03/14/11 03:03 PM.
goal
goal
What amazes me is that there is a player on this list who didn’t play high school ball last year because the coach told him if he couldn’t get to practice when it started, he couldn’t play; he attended an “alternative” school (for lack of a better word) and it was physically impossible for him to make it from his school to the practice in time (and when I say "alternative" I'm not talking about some military school for troubled youth)

Goal
Goal
Quote:

What amazes me is that there is a player on this list who didn’t play high school ball last year because the coach told him if he couldn’t get to practice when it started, he couldn’t play; he attended an “alternative” school (for lack of a better word) and it was physically impossible for him to make it from his school to the practice in time (and when I say "alternative" I'm not talking about some military school for troubled youth)

Actually, what kind of alternative school is it? We have one in our district for kids that couldn't do right at the school they were zoned for and get sent to this one. However, those kids aren't eligible for HS sports either. What other kind is there where you can go to another school and play for your "home" HS?

Victory Starts Here!
throw in
throw in
Sophmores take center stage -- Looks like the "sophmores" need another year of English! SOPHOMORES (real loud)!

We didn’t underestimate them. They were a lot better than we thought.
goal
goal
Wow. Seriously? I just said, when I say "alternative" I'm not talking about some military school for troubled youth but yet you still managed to throw in something about kids that couldn't do right.

My apologies; the word(s) I was lacking earlier are charter and magnet. Some examples of these “alternative” schools are Berkeley Center for the Arts, Academic Magnet High School, Garrett Academy of Technology and Charleston School of The Arts.

I believe that if the charter or magnet school a child is attending does not have a sport or sports, that child may play for the school they would normally attend if they were not attending said charter or magnet school (I’m sure there are numerous posters who can clarify this for me, including the voice of reason, who will point out that the Academic Magnet has its own boys soccer team).

But thank you for completely missing the point.

C
Coach
Coach
C
You're correct on the belief.

I've got good news and bad news...
B
brace
brace
B
He attends Charleston County School of the Arts -- which doesn't have athletics teams. He lives in the West Ashley enrollment area. From what I UNDERSTAND (not confirmed) he will play for W.A. this season.
He's a very good player and a nice young man. I wish him well wherever.

C
Brace
Brace
C
backscreen, it is confirmed, he is playing for West Ashley

D
throw in
throw in
D
Strange to me that they allow this, but do not allow home schooled kids to play at the school they would be part of.

Georgia allows home schooled kids to play, why not SC?

Anyone know the reasoning?

C
Coach
Coach
C
CCSOA is a magnet school that is actually part of Charleston County School District. Home schools are not part of the school district.

According to the SCHSL rules, any student attending a school that does not offer a sports program can play for a school within the same district that does offer the program--in the case of magnet schools, at the regular school whose attendance zone contains their residence.

Since home schools are not part of the same school district (and not affiliated with the SCHSL), that rule does not apply. Since they are not part of the district school system, they are not allowed represent a district school.

I've got good news and bad news...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard