Coach P makes a valid point; while the U19 players wouldn't directly affect the outcome of State Cup, they could potentially affect the seeding. I would like to see the U19 high school players have an opportunity to play, though. I have a girl in that situation even now; due to events from years ago, she is a year older than her classmates and will miss the cutoff to play U18 her senior year, although she is still eligible to play on the HS team.

PMSL could be a good place to start addressing this issue; as Coach P points out, a team's success in the PMSL season with the U19 player would not affect their or anyone else's eligibility to compete in the PMSL Cup. I think a lot of PMSL players have a focus on training and preparing for their high school seasons; this would allow those seniors access to a team to train and compete with in the fall season even if they would not be able to compete in State Cup, which would leave them much better prepared for a good senior season at their high schools. Most of all, I think players should have the opportunity to play--there should be an outlet for those who haven't graduated and entered college yet to play their sport in the fall season.

I've got good news and bad news...