Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
Quote:

The Police were at the stadium but I do not know if any report was filed.
There were numerous cards given, mostly to Clover.
First Half: Clover goalie on ground with pocession of ball, the same girl from Lancaster stepped on the goalies arm and kicked the goalie in the face and took the ball out of her arms. Goalie had cleat marks on arm! Ref would not even acknowledge the goalies plea for him to look. No card,no foul, goal stood.
Second Half: Clover forward jumps over the Lancaster goalie to avoid colliding with her, Clover girl carded.
The incident that sent the girl to the hospital...NOTHING Ref said he didn't see it!
There was a 3 ref system being used.

Another point of view...

There were numerous cards given, 2 to Lancaster and 4 to Clover.

1st half: Clover goalie looses control of ball after shot on goal. The keeper is crawling and reaching to regain control. Lancaster player touches the ball into the goal from 3 yards out. Goal. A keeper on the ground crawling amoung 3 or 4 players kicking at the ball is in all likelyhood not going to escape unscathed.

2nd half: Clover forward jumps over the Lancaster goalie to avoid colliding with her but clips her in the forehead with her shoe, Clover girl carded. Lancaster keeper leaves game but returns shortly.

The incident that sent the girl to the hospital was a Lancaster corner with five minutes left in regulation. The ball dropped in front of the goal and was knocked around quite a few times before slipping through to the keeper on the goaline. Most of both teams players were in the penalty area with the majority of them right in front of the goal. Every player within the goal area was fighting for the ball. The referee did not see what happened that caused the injury. Just too many bodies and too much going on to make a destinction.

This game was a very physical game by both teams. One team was not dirtier or more physical than the other. The thing I did notice was Clover seemed to be the team questioning every call and non call especially in the 2nd half, and that was something their coach should have handled. Lancaster, on the other hand, seemed to be playing hard and keeping their mouths shut. Perhaps in the end that was the biggest difference in this game.

Last edited by Realist; 04/06/11 03:47 AM.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Realist, it sounds like you were at the game. Were you, by chance, one of the officials? Do you know why the game was not resumed?

brace
brace
Realist were you there as a spectator or scouting them for Rock Hill HS? (not questioning your imparitality, or how you saw it, just wondering why you were there? might help those who might question it if you say why)

R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
I was the official. The game was suspended because the Clover players were very concerned for their injured teamate. Many were emotional. Had the game continued I don't think anything good would have come from it.

brace
brace
Thanks for the answer, makes it much clearer now, and as I said earlier, afterwards cooler heads should be able to look back and see it for what it was.

hat-trick
hat-trick
So how will the outcome of this game be determined in light of the SCHSL rule that "No match may end in a tie"?

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
4/5/11

Chapin 0-3 Brookland-Cayce
Cecil Woolbright Stadium @ Chapin, SC

Halftime: C 0-3 BC.
Goals: (BC) Nellie Phillips 2, (BC) Noel McDaniel.
Records: C (5-6-0, 3-3 Region 5-3A); BC (9-5-2, 5-1 Region 5-3A).

R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
Quote:

So how will the outcome of this game be determined in light of the SCHSL rule that "No match may end in a tie"?

That is completely in the hands of the SCHSL. They can either restart the game at the point of the suspenion, replay the game from the start or leave the game as a tie. I think it basicly comes down to how important is it that the game be completed.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Quote:

That is completely in the hands of the SCHSL. They can either restart the game at the point of the suspenion, replay the game from the start or leave the game as a tie. I think it basicly comes down to how important is it that the game be completed.

I realize that it is up to the SCHSL and that you don't decide that. But how will they handle this since it can't be a tie? I see nothing in the rules to address this. The rules address a game that is called before halftime due to conditions but I can't find anything that addresses a game that is called after halftime with the score tied. And, whose responsibility is it to inform the SCHSL that this dilemma exists and that a decision needs to be made? Realist, did you or one of the other officials file a game report to SCHSL that indicated the game was unfinished with a 1-1 score?

R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
Yes I did. It is in their hands now. And like I said in the earlier post, it will be one of those three options. You keep fixating on the can't end in a tie thing. That is a guideline. I assure you it can if there is no need to complete the game. Why go through the time and expense if there is no real need for the match to be completed.

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard