Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
C
Brace
Brace
C
Coach P. I would think that the coaches would call the High School league and inform them. We had a game tied in OT and there was some ruff play on the other sideline, the Center Ref issued a red and was attacked by a parent. He and his AR's left and we could not finish the game. We had to return the next day a take PK's to decide the winner! I would call the HSL ASAP and get if settled. Good luck.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Coach P. I would think that the coaches would call the High School league and inform them. We had a game tied in OT and there was some ruff play on the other sideline, the Center Ref issued a red and was attacked by a parent. He and his AR's left and we could not finish the game. We had to return the next day a take PK's to decide the winner! I would call the HSL ASAP and get if settled. Good luck.

I'm not involved with either school. Just curious.

brace
brace
Not sure they can let it stand as a tie. With it being a region game between likely playoff teams this will play a role in bracket placement.

How about a DIST 3 stadium rematch?

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

Not sure they can let it stand as a tie. With it being a region game between likely playoff teams this will play a role in bracket placement.

How about a DIST 3 stadium rematch?

Give them both a lost. Settled

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Yes I did. It is in their hands now. And like I said in the earlier post, it will be one of those three options. You keep fixating on the can't end in a tie thing. That is a guideline. I assure you it can if there is no need to complete the game. Why go through the time and expense if there is no real need for the match to be completed.

Yes, they will have to make a decision since you reported it. Not sure why you think the no tie rule is just a guideline. I don't see anything in the SCHSL Rules and Regulations that says it's just a guideline. Item 6 under Boys and Girls Soccer on page B-57 says:

"No match may end in a tie. During the regular season there will be two full five minute overtime
periods. If a tie still exists, penalty kicks by anyone on/off the field will determine the winner."

Why would you think that is not a solid rule since it is pretty explicit in the SCHSL Rules and Regulations? I believe most, if not all, of the region tiebreaker procedures assume that no games end in ties.

R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
I'm not disputing anything you are saying Coach but I know in the past they have not completed games that did not have playoff implications or some reason that it needed to be completed. That rule is not set in stone. This game will in all likelyhood need to be completed. Both teams are in playoff contention. But if both teams were 1 and 11 and this was not a region game, do you really think the SCHSL would make Clover drive and hour to complete or replay this game?

world cup
world cup
Providence Day just walked off the field after a 0-0 regular season match with Fort Mill earlier this year. It was a SCHSL sanctioned match. I think the game still stands at 0-0 on FM's record. I don't think they got a 1-0 forfeit victory out of it?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
T
Bench
Bench
T
It's funny to me to see that the ref(s) have not yet picked up on the style that Lancaster plays. I coached against Lancaster for many years and always fear for my player's safety when we play them, not because we aren't a physical team but just because of the number of tackles after we pass the ball or just them not playing the ball as well.

From what I gather, Clover decided to leave the game at half. If I were Clover, I would have done the same thing. Lancaster is coached to play this style of play where its all about physical toughness with no focus on technical ability during practice. The main thing, is that Clover has something to fight for here, where Lancaster, I hope does not make the playoffs and the coach somehow manages to see the damage that he is doing to soccer in their region and the state of south carolina.

The ref states that Clover is a dirty team. I have coached against Clover for many years as well just as I have against Lancaster, and they are a first class team all the way. Clover did the right thing by calling the game then and not allowing anymore of their girls to take trips to the ER.

R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
Please show me where I stated that Clover was a dirty team and Clover did not leave the game at the half. Where are you getting this from?

brace
brace
Member for two years and now your 1st post gets the facts wrong. If you fully read the thread you will likely want to change/edit the post to reflect the facts better. Might want gain a little more credability by saying where you coached, since you used past tenese there should be no issue with that.

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard