Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
hat-trick
hat-trick
I think we have hijacked this thread too long. I have opened another thread called Clover vs Lancaster. I suggest we take this discussion to that thread so the score reporting will not be cluttered with these postings.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B

"This game was a very physical game by both teams. One team was not dirtier or more physical than the other. The thing I did notice was Clover seemed to be the team questioning every call and non call especially in the 2nd half, and that was something their coach should have handled. Lancaster, on the other hand, seemed to be playing hard and keeping their mouths shut. Perhaps in the end that was the biggest difference in this game"

"Realist did not say anyone was "whining". He said they were the team questioning calls or no-calls"

Agreed....he did NOT say they were whining. That was my choice of language, but I think it pretty accurately reflects his thoughts, given his choice of words and "compare and contrast" logic.

What is a "neutral party" anyway? Hunter S Thompson once wrote that the only type of objective journalism he knew of was a box score or an obituary.

I don't mean any disrespect to you or Realist or Hurst or my own son or anyone else who is a referee......but IMO, to assume someone is neutral party is lunacy. Everyone has preferences and opinions that color their judgement.

Obviously this was no garden variety dispute of an officials call. For a series of people who were there to get on a public forum and talk about what happened with such disbelief....well, I can't chaulk that up to normal complaining about a call or a non-call.

The integrity of the game is being called into question and I would think that would have folks concerned.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Quote:

Coach,

If we're in the middle of an emotional, heated, overly physical game.....and the temperatures off the field are now reaching the point to where adults are screaming at kids and throwing stuff out onto the field.....you don't think there is a chance of that escalating a mob mentality of behaviour on the field? I do.

Also....I don't want or expect a referee to maintain any sort of dialogue whatsoever with parents. In fact...it always annoys me when a referee so obliges the parents.

What I want.......is for the referee to be aware of his/her environment.....and if necessary, warn those off the field if their behaviour is interfering with the integrity of the game. If they do not heed his/her warning he should stop the game until the offending persons are removed from the premises.

Thats not a dialogue. Its taking ownership of what happens and its absolutely the hallmark of a good referee. You can't stop people from acting like jerks and fools. But you can keep it from becoming a part of the game and effecting the game.

In referee training, I was always taught not to do what you are describing. Stop the match and let the coach or school official handle that. Verbal communication with a spectator about their behavior can lead to all sorts of problems.

Ok, then stop the game and talk to the coach and have them enforce proper behaviour. The point is to not allow off the field behaviour to effect the game.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I have posted a couple of responses in the Clover vs Lancaster thread. Can we move the discussion over there?

kick off
kick off
Greenville Tech Charter High School @ Southside Christian

GTCHS - 0
SSC - 4

Coach Koutsos Greenville Tech Charter High School
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

GTCHS - 0
SSC - 4

Ok. Who stuck a score in here when we were trying to have a civilized discussion

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Quote:

GTCHS - 0
SSC - 4

Ok. Who stuck a score in here when we were trying to have a civilized discussion

Good one.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Was this the make up game from the previous week where the field had too much water on it? Too much rain previous week but not too much after Monday night/Tuesday morning deluge? Draining system seems to have improved drastically!

A
kick off
kick off
A
Another point of view...

There were numerous cards given, 2 to Lancaster and 4 to Clover.

1st half: Clover goalie looses control of ball after shot on goal. The keeper is crawling and reaching to regain control. Lancaster player touches the ball into the goal from 3 yards out. Goal. A keeper on the ground crawling amoung 3 or 4 players kicking at the ball is in all likelyhood not going to escape unscathed.

2nd half: Clover forward jumps over the Lancaster goalie to avoid colliding with her but clips her in the forehead with her shoe, Clover girl carded. Lancaster keeper leaves game but returns shortly.

The incident that sent the girl to the hospital was a Lancaster corner with five minutes left in regulation. The ball dropped in front of the goal and was knocked around quite a few times before slipping through to the keeper on the goaline. Most of both teams players were in the penalty area with the majority of them right in front of the goal. Every player within the goal area was fighting for the ball. The referee did not see what happened that caused the injury. Just too many bodies and too much going on to make a destinction.

This game was a very physical game by both teams. One team was not dirtier or more physical than the other. The thing I did notice was Clover seemed to be the team questioning every call and non call especially in the 2nd half, and that was something their coach should have handled. Lancaster, on the other hand, seemed to be playing hard and keeping their mouths shut. Perhaps in the end that was the biggest difference in this game.

I think all of the Clover faithful would love to know where the magic "4th" card has come from. And the clover keeper had TOTAL control of the ball and the lancaster forward kicked at the ball and then proceded to stomp on the clover goalie and then the ball went in. There was no scramble for the ball and neither was it 3 yards out. And if you are so worried about one goalie, it would be nice for you to check on the other goalie as well.

I think it is unprofessional for you to have made some of the comments that you have made. You don't "believe" she was slammend? Yes, AND she was threatened and it was overheard by another player. I am glad the game was called as a referee's job is for the game not to get out of hand and at this point had already happened. Not to mention the previous week that clover played them. Yes we got 6 cards.....he was handing them out like candy (guess he was hungry) for ridiculous reasons, like one girl didn't say anything, one girl pulled a jersey(but so did the other team), one girl wanted to ask a question and the ref threatened her with a yellow card and one girl got carded for talking to herself!!!

IMO, it is what several have said. It was a skilled team playing against a unskilled team. I am all for referees when it is called far down the middle. But the last time I had seen that was when Hurst, George, and Ed refereed Clover's scrimmage against Nationford, lol.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Please take this discussion to one of the other threads set up for that topic. This thread is for reporting scores.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard