Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
kick off
kick off
I can personally say I wasn't beat at the cage any of the times I played there so I'm not hating on them because of that. I just think the pitch could be a little better off, and it does have some electrifying games every once in awhile. Forgot to mention how great Strom Thurmond pitch is. That agriculture program there keeps that field looking amazing.

B
brace
brace
B
Often, the greatest limitations are the ones we place on ourselves -- like playing on undersized HS football fields because they're lit (often poorly) and convenient. Example: Not to knock James Island, which actually has its turf in pretty nice shape right now, but why play on a football-sized field, when there are futbol-sized fields right across the street? Sure, you can guard the precious gate more easily, and sell concessions, but what about the GAME ... you know, the reason we're all here!
Truth is, it's like this at all too many schools. And, as pointed out, fiscal constraints kill potential upgrades.
First, let's make sure our fields are safe, reasonably lit, and passably flat. Then we can go from there.

S
goal
goal
S
Please remember that the HSL has certain requirements for games to be played. For example, you need a fence around the field and lights. AC Flora has neither since remodeling their athletic fields recently. Thus, the team continues to be sent down Two Notch Rd. to play in front of nobody. Sad showing again by RCSD#1.

B
brace
brace
B
Perhaps someone should approach the SCHSL for case-by-case review of facilities considerations. These aren't the good old days, when tax dollars were readily available. Right now, a bunch of our "fenced' facilities are poorly lit, poorly maintained accidents just waiting to happen.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Best field I've seen this year, and only the field, not the stands etc. was Sumter. Don't care for the Cage, too close to the track, and the drain is right on the touch line. But their players and fans are passionate about their teams. Some of the hardest working teams I've seen.

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

SJE Pro-

And you dont help this message board get any better.

It is what it is. Most of you guys complaining about The Cage are just taking your shot now becasue you got beat at The Cage.

Oh and BTW, I bet your boy in your avatar didn't whine about bad fields!

Worst: Dutch Fork

Best: Flora, Heathwood, Irmo, CN

Hey Coach Eudy, Maybe you should just shut up and worry about your stadium in Cardinal Newman.. It's quite bad as well.

S
bench
bench
S
wow. nobody disrespects a high quality coach like Coach Eudy. People can post their opinions in here, and yours sje, are just stupid and immature. and by the way, the cardinal newman stadium and grass is just espectacular, probably one of the best if not the best in sc. better than what you will ever play at.

bench
bench
I think Cardinal Newman's field is just perfect. On the other hand "The Cage" might be one of the worst this year.

"Just Do It"
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Quote:

SJE Pro-

And you dont help this message board get any better.

It is what it is. Most of you guys complaining about The Cage are just taking your shot now becasue you got beat at The Cage.

Oh and BTW, I bet your boy in your avatar didn't whine about bad fields!

Worst: Dutch Fork

Best: Flora, Heathwood, Irmo, CN

Hey Coach Eudy, Maybe you should just shut up and worry about your stadium in Cardinal Newman.. It's quite bad as well.

I'M NOT GONNA SIT HERE AND LET YOU BESMIRCH, BEFUDDLE, OR BELITTLE COACH EUDY LIKE THAT! THIS GUY'S A CLOSE PERSONAL FRIEND OF MINE!

Stuff White People Like: #589 - Guy Fieri
kick off
kick off
I'd have to say Cheraw's is one of the worst after tonight's game. Sand pits all over the fields. I guess that's what one can suspect from the Pee Dee though.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard