Common sense is enough. And by the way, the school on the wrong end of the score faces a different problem. As in (generally speaking) poor participation, poor coaching, or BOTH.
A personal anecdote here. Some years ago, I coached boys' basketball at one of the smallest private schools in the state. We seldom had more than 2 or 3 upperclassmen on our roster, and often started as many as 3-4 freshmen/sophomores. We were EVERBODY'S homecoming opponent. One year, the top team in our Region left its starters on the floor with under 2 minutes remaining, trying to score 100 points.
As a coach, all you can ask your kids to do is give their best effort and maintain dignity and self-respect. And if the shoe is on the other foot, you shoe compassion.
Sadly, that's not a strong point for many high school coaches, precisely because ADs and administrators don't call coaches on the carpet for blitzing opponents.
I always felt part of my job was to advocate for all kids,not just the ones in blue and white uniforms. You do THAT by being a sportsman.