Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Goal
Goal
Quote:

How about Duzan in 2010 when Lewis wasnt playing how he did the year before.

???? I'm sorry. If this was directed at me, I do not understand the question. Please clarify.

Duzan and Lewis had played together....forever.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
B
bar25 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
B
Lewis had a brilliant junior year, but something happened senior year that made him average, or not as good as the normal Taylor. Duzan had a great senior year, getting BC to lowerstate, kinda picked up the slack.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Lewis had a brilliant junior year, but something happened senior year that made him average, or not as good as the normal Taylor. Duzan had a great senior year, getting BC to lowerstate, kinda picked up the slack.

Not to get all coachy, but I don’t think it’s possible to have a single player carry a “good” team.
A good defense can usually nullify a great offensive player with a shift of a few players.
This is when your “good” teams can take advantage, by having their other players step up and fill the hole.

I don’t recall Lewis ever being average. He was better his senior year than his junior year. He had the disadvantage of teams knowing him and shifting their defense to try and neutralize him. BC also had the benefit of a rather outstanding freshman to take some of the spot light off Lewis, which was very advantageous for us.

Duzan had a great senior year because Stone carried him….and Stone had a great year because Duzan carried him. And they both had a great year because Jalin, Juan, Lewis, Herbert and the rest of the team carried them. This is why a team that lost so many seniors the year before was able to make it to lower state, and come within a hair of beating SA to go to the finals.
They were my definition of a Team!

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
corner kick
corner kick
Holy Crap!
Sort of got carried away didn't you HTP?

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard