Print Thread
Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20
D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

Quote:

I can't believe you spent time doing this today either.

I know, I really can't either. But I still don't think it was as big of a waste of time as posting about a coach I don't know leaving a club my child has never been a part of as she ages out of club soccer.

Sorry, Harry, but my daughter has teammates from all over the state, some of whom will still be playing for SCUMP next year. Both she and I have friends there we care about, perhaps you should try to get out more often.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
If I got out more often, I'd know you had friends in the MP area? Really? Who are her teammates that will still be playing for SCUMP next year? Wasn't she a U-18 this year in Greenville? If you want, you could pm me. Afterall, we're now engaged in a childish argument in a Lowcountry Soccer thread.

R
RMJ Offline
kick off
kick off
R
Yes but SCUMP does not offer R3PLE at all age groups so therefore everyone does not have that chance to play a higher level of play. The challenge league in SC for the girls as they get older is not that competitive either. I mean one team had a shut out for league play. So SCUMP cannot offer R3PLE to every player that is at that level of play. SCUMP cannot offer ECNL either.
AS for the R3 ticket from CESA not happening they are not giving up that. They will play R3 and ECNL.
Yes SCUMP did go to Disney and CASL with one age group but that is not every weekend competitive play. As for CASL they are starting to make that tourney a ECNL one therefore a lot of teams in the past years did not get accepted and less and less will be accept in the future if they are not an ECNL team.
All in all it should not matter what he coach says if the player wants a higher level but if the coach is wanting that for the player too that is even better.

D
Goal
Goal
D
I think SCUMP does offer R3PLE at each level to every team that qualifies, same as the other two clubs. That team had a 1 goal loss to CESA or they would already be in R3PLE next year. Had they been in the other bracket maybe they would be headed to R3PLE next year instead of one of the teams the coach suggested they try out for... SCUFC. Maybe a coaching change is just what that team really needs to get them to the level they want to play. Or, some of the players can run up to SCUFC, get knocked out at the next cup by SCUMP and see if they can run back.

As for the R3 lock, one of CESA's teams may not qualify for next year's R3PLE. Have to wait for Spring Cup results? If they don't get in I guess they can still play ECNL (says a lot there). I don't doubt what you say about CASL Shootout, but I don't see it on next year's ECNL events, and Disney already kicked ECNL out, thus Sanford.

I agree that a coach should be aware of and support the ambitions of players capable of playing at higher levels than a club can currently offer, but it doesn't sound like the coach was advising the players to tryout elsewhere until after he himself was leaving.

SCUMPY, sorry if I distracted your thread by trying to offer some possible alternatives and find out why someone was painting such a gloom and doom picture of the state of youth soccer in the Lowcountry.

I'll leave now, and maybe ColdHardTruth can fill me in on how it all turns out.

Oh, one more thing...
Quote:

If I got out more often, I'd know you had friends in the MP area?

I meant if you try to get out more often, you too could have some friends outside CESA.

Last edited by DeltaDog; 05/13/11 04:01 AM.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Food for thought...If the coach was staying...would the letter read the same way..

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

\

Oh, one more thing...
Quote:

If I got out more often, I'd know you had friends in the MP area?

I meant if you try to get out more often, you too could have some friends outside CESA.

I have lots of friends outside of CESA, thanks. It's funny though, you get a real clear sense of who somebody is when they don't know it's you they are talking to. Once upon a time, I would have considered you someone as a little more than an acquaintence, almost a friend.

Now, you make personal comments and can't answer a simple question. You're sounding more and more like another poster on here. I won't mention the name, but he gets himself into quite a bit of 'trouble' on here and in life with his comments. You've always seemed like a very intelliegent person and I would think you would NEVER want to be compared to the likes of this particular poster. I've always had a relatively high impression of you, but reading your stuff here over the last year has been disappointing.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Of course, that all could have been said in a pm, but you never messaged me. Why not?

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Harry, I agree, from an economic impact standpoint the Tournaments and events at MESA and Wenwood are wonderful for the area.

But if you look at the $1.5 million given to CESA to finish it's fields and probably pay some other bills, at a 2% Hospitality Tax rate on let's say 4000 hotel rooms filled up 8 nights a year at $80 per room, that generates $51, 200 dollars in Hospitality Tax revenue, so it will take the county over 29 years to get it's money back.

I don't mind that, because of all the other revenue generated such as hotel rooms rented, gas purchased, shopping and dining...

But what I do mind is CESA cutting local players to take an out-of-towner who is only as good and sometimes an even worse player so that they can "raid" the other Clubs and show everybody how "great they are". I have witnessed this many times over and heard from others about this same thing on many other teams. We were on a CESA State Championship Premier team one year, the next season the Coach cut 2 starters, replaced them with out-of-towners, moved the 2 former starters to the Challenge team, guess what? The next 3 years, NO State Championship.

So, if they are accepting Greenville County money, they ought to take care of Greenville County kids first!

world cup
world cup
I think there's a couple of guys on here who need to sit down and share a couple of beers.....get reacquainted. Come on.....we're talking about girls soccer.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

But what I do mind is CESA cutting local players to take an out-of-towner who is only as good and sometimes an even worse player so that they can "raid" the other Clubs and show everybody how "great they are". I have witnessed this many times over and heard from others about this same thing on many other teams. We were on a CESA State Championship Premier team one year, the next season the Coach cut 2 starters, replaced them with out-of-towners, moved the 2 former starters to the Challenge team, guess what? The next 3 years, NO State Championship.

So, if they are accepting Greenville County money, they ought to take care of Greenville County kids first!

I think what you're describing ia unfortunate. But I think it also sounds like a coaching choice being described as club policy. I would be shocked to find out that it was policy to 'raid the other clubs' rather than giving the coach the ability to select whomever they think are the best players.

I'm trying to think of the age groups that have lost 3 straight state cups. It has to be the 92s. If I remember correctly, they lost to a CESA team in one final, 8 or 9 penalties in the next final and overtime in the next final before winning the last 2 by a goal, one of those in overtime. That team has been as good as any other in the state and has competed well in Region 3. If state cup victories is the measure of success (it shouldn't be), then I think CESA policy (whatever it is) needs no changing right now.

Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard