Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20
corner kick
corner kick
And to answer your question, Yes he can develop players.

L
bench
bench
L
Himself-but you knew that-he's just trying to do it in a diplomatic way. Question is -Can he develop players "Sconners" or just pray enough disgruntled players are around for rebirth of old teams?

corner kick
corner kick
My answer remains the same. Look at the success of the girls program at Hilton Head High. He has trained the majority of that team from a young age. Granted he is not soley responsible for their success but he clearly knows what he is doing "lowerstatesoccer."

R
RMJ Offline
kick off
kick off
R
Quote:

Looks to me like he suggested three options. So if it's so clear, who is he recruiting for exactly?

Thank You for making that point I have been trying myself.

And also the point he can develop players because like you said yes he can. He is one of the best coaches out there.

L
bench
bench
L
Why was he let go from SCU/Mount Pleasant if he was such a great coach? Wouldn't they try to retain the quality coaches? The HHI Girls owe him a big hand for creating such a great High School team!!

R
RMJ Offline
kick off
kick off
R
Who said he was let go anyway from SCUMP?

corner kick
corner kick
I do not see where he was let go. I notice from SCUMP's website that Curtis Freeman who is another excellent coach from the Myrtle Beach area, and has worked closely with Mike over the years, is no longer listed as coach. Both of these men are fine coaches and have both at one time or another directed their own clubs. For what it's worth I believe that for whatever reason they were not satisfied with the direction in which they, or the club, were headed and have decided that they no longer want to continue to do business together.

R
RMJ Offline
kick off
kick off
R
I did not think he was let go and yet people are just assuming he was. I did not think he was let go.

B
brace
brace
B
Will: Guess my point is, developing players should always be the priority -- and at some places, it is. But when a club/coach recruits my kid based on "exposure" and the opportunity to win a State Cup, or play in R3PL, or ECNL, etc. -- or when parents fall for that nonsense -- the priorities get wildly skewed. With all the opportunities kids in our state have for "exposure," highest-possible level of competition, "the best training," etc., you'd think we could field our own U20 World Cup team!
Now, I'm not sure what prompted the letter at the beginning of this thread, or why it was posted. Frankly, it feels/reads like a disgruntled former employee, as much as a field guide to training opportunities. And that would be sad.
Still, my point remains, fundamentally, that, letter or not, soccer in the Lowcountry is about the same as everywhere else in our state. It's as good or as bad as we allow it to be.

S
goal
goal
S
chalk it up to typical turnover post merger.

Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard