Print Thread
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20
S
SCUMPY Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
I would like to start out again by saying Mike is a nice guy but for him to have stayed a coach in the situations he has had in the past it was paramount. If he coaches this season it will be the 4th team in 4 years at 4 different clubs. At SAA he pulled disgruntled players from Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head. At BFA he attracted disgruntled players from Charleston to add to that core group. When BFA was absorbed by SCUMP he was retained as part of the agreement with the club. The current 95 girls coach stepped aside to ensure the maximum participation and not have any players leave because their coach was not in charge. A number of parents demanded he be the coach or they would not participate. #1 mistake by SCUMP(Could you imagine that happening at CESA)

The way these past players have stayed together is actually shown in the letter. In no instance do you see any mention of training or skills building. His skills building ended about u-11 or u-12. There is nothing wrong with that but must realize limits to which we are not stunting development. The emphasis is on region 3 and ecnl and tournaments because the KOOL AID is that I can get you to a D1 school and a scholarship. The success of HHI is great this season but if that is what you are basing Mike's success on you are sadly delusional. These girls are great kids but percentage wise those that will go to college on a soccer scholarship is so small that the better option would be for Mike to do would be to offer tutoring after school, he would have a greater chance in getting them a scholarship than the promise of a soccer one.

The team Mike was handed at SCUMP was 3rd at State Cup the previous season and then added 7 college bound players from his team. This team should have been undefeated in league play but lost to 2 96 teams. Where did they finish in State Cup? Same as they did the previous season 3rd.

The Kool Aid is very strong. This select group of girls has really never had to tryout anywhere. They move as a group with Mike from place to place and are taken as a package and that is why they stick together. The letter is sent not to that core group but that disgruntled player that they tell is great and could go to college if they stick with them. They pick up one each move. The whole scam is not done as a way of caring for the age group as a whole but the selfish interests of a few and a coach that should start over where he is actually needed at the lower age groups. As it was mentioned in an earlier post why did he not recommend these higher level teams before he became the SCUMP coach. It is to actually help a select few and use those that drank the Kool Aid help him do so, and those are actually the saddest ones, as they will ultimately be used in the end.

He knows that he cannot train the girls to the next level and that is why he is no longer the coach at SCUMP. A accent with a D license can get you only so far in the elite level. The biggest issue is for the Columbia team is that he is coming as a package and may displace someone whom has been a longtime player.

I would like to emphasize my point again about Mike being a nice man. If you are one of the chosen ones.

You can miss practice for a month but still play.

You can not pay your team dues but still play.

You can not attend your satellite practice and still play

You can give the coach a "talk to the hand gesture during the game" and still play

You can drop the F-Bomb on your coach and still play

If one of these were my child I would say Mike is a nice man as well.

I do not know if I answered the question on promises but I do know I did not change the mind of any Kool Aid drinkers out there but I tried.

This is what is wrong in the lowcountry whether Mike or any coach deceives any player to follow them as a group. He is a smart old dude who will be around long after this blows over just hope another group is not set back again

B
brace
brace
B
My point again being, there are similar tales of woe all over youth soccer. The lowcountry is hardly unique.

R
RMJ Offline
kick off
kick off
R
SCUMPY sounds like to me that you do not know what you are talking about and your kid must have been the one on the bench...that is the only reason a person would sound this way and say what they did. boo hoo hoo
Obviously you were not the parent who received the letter land that has made you mad too. Only a parent like that would get a hold of an email and post something like that anyway.
So to make yourself feel better you go and try and degrade someone else when it is you that has the problem.

Last edited by RMJ; 05/13/11 06:20 PM.
R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Backscreen, you could take SCUMPY's last post and it would apply to a small group out of the Upstate .. 3 organizations in three years; USA, CESA-Spartanburg and now US Club Soccer I believe.

S
goal
goal
S
where do these guys work that allows them to move around for soccer that much?

R
RMJ Offline
kick off
kick off
R
You also have your story incorrect the players that have been with Mick are the ones who really help pull the team through. Not saying everyone who has joined them is a bad player either.

S
SCUMPY Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
You must have tasted the Jim Jones version of the Kool Aid. Please carefully go through my post and correct me where you think that I am incorrect. You do not need to be a parent of a child on the team to know these facts. Yes I do believe these actions do occur in other areas but I do not believe that makes them acceptable. RMJ thank you for illustrating my point with you very well thought out and articluated response. Maybe next time "I'm rubber and your'e glue" would be easier.

S
SCUMPY Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
They were already third in the state so you will have to explain again how they improved the team's performance. Please don't have another drink, you really don't know what's in that stuff.

R
RMJ Offline
kick off
kick off
R
OH SCUMPY I know exacty what is in the Kool Aid and it tastes really good...Mick makes the best Kool Aid I have ever tasted. You are the one going around bashing people.

S
goal
goal
S
so i guess there will be player openings for scump u16g?
how many teams did scump 95g field last fall?

Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard