When I have a JV squad I don't even consider a 60 minute match, that is just an artificial limit that exists. I tend to look at smaller amounts of time and encourage my players to do the same. If a team scores a few on me early that is just a segment of time that is in the past. My focus is the players and the remaining time we have left. If the other team quits then there really is no more game to be played and the clock watching begins.

For many years Stratford has been a mountain that was tough for us to cross. The JV girls in '07-'10 had been keeping the game close but I had allowed many subs to get playing time. I had quite a few parents and players question me about me "intentionally throwing the match". All because the focus was the score and if the best players got all the time.

This same team at Varsity '12 eclipsed Stratford 1-0 a few nights ago. I was extremely proud of the girls and had no desire to seek out the naysayers from years past. I only post this experience as insight to what may be seen in other places. This is also not a taunt at Stratford in any way they have always been a role model team with class that my teams have respected.

Let these kids play and please stop manipulating every activity that they get into. The 20 to nil result will become 10 to nil and following this idea any victory over another will be deemed humiliating and unsportsmanlike.