Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
S
Now that you have established (at least tried) the never ending private/public school battle in 1A, what teams are good and what teams are over & under rated this year??? Just wanted to know your thoughts...

~Good luck to ALL 1A teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Buford is good, that's the only 1A game I've been too. They are really good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the upstate CC is the dominator, but SCS is good and Dixie and 96 are building their programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BH could be real good, if they played together as a team and bought some offense. They really are pretty good. I am sure that they will solve alot of their problems in time for the region slate and the playoffs.

S
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
S
I think CC and SCS are very good ofcourse. I have also heard that Dixie looks pretty strong. I think that 96 might be a tad over rated. Some under rated teams would have to be Buford and Gov.'s School. Those two have started off to a good season with some quality 2A & 3A wins. Should be a good match b/w the two next week.
~By the way, didn't Buford loose last year in State 8-0 to CC. Now, what was the score to the "hyped" CC vs. SCS game??? 8-0. Then, SCS only beat Dixie by a goal. My point is, I don't think SCS is that much (if at all) better then some of the other schools in 1A. Looks like there are some solid teams to make for some good competition in 1A this year and not just the few dominate schools. Good luck to all 1A teams this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I play for SCS and by no means am I saying that we are a dominating factor in 1A this year because we're not. CC hands down is. I do think that we deffinately deserve to be top 3 in the state though. I don't really know anything about Buford or Gov.'s school, all I know is that both teams quite possibly have the crapiest schedules I've ever seen. For both teams the only ranked teams that they play are each other. We on the other hand play some good 2A and 3A teams such as Walhalla, Woodruff, and Travelers Rest. We also have to compete with the best 1A teams in the state, being Christ Church, Dixie, and Ninety Six. And people can say whatever they want to about Dixie, but they're a heck of a team for coming from where they come from. They've got great speed up top and some guys in the back that can beat the crap outta the ball. We were tied with them 2-2 last night after regulation and overtime and went into Penalty Kicks again and beat them 4-1. They just don't have anybody on their team that can shoot a PK. And I don't think that 96 is over rated. Sure they're not a great team, but they've gotta lot of athletes and a few guys that really know what they're doing. To the comment about Christ Church beat us so badly is, not making excuses, but they're field can't be more than like 45-50 feet wide and they have a guy that can throw it in the box to Tomek everytime and he would head it in. They scored at least 3 goals like that. Then Tomek was on fire on his free kicks. He bent one upper ninety far post, over the 4 man wall, and over the keeper. We on the other hand have the biggest field in the state and we aren't used to having to defend against throw ins into the box. So they're still a better team and they're still probably gonna beat us, but I'm interested to see how the outcome is on our field. Good luck to all you guys in the rest of the season though.

-I'm interested to see who wins the Buford vs. Governor's School game. (Good luck to both)

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Dixie - very good, and wouldn't look forward to playing them again. 96 - pretty good, but not as good as Dixie. CC - enough said. Landrum - ...yeah. SCS - should be second, if there was a state wide tourney. That's all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe that we(Dixie) compete very well considering the very small number of our players that play any type of club ball. But i know thats no excuse for losing because its basically not our option to play club ball i read an article one day this past week that talked about football and thats not untrue every single player save a few on our team play football then turn right around two days afterward and start basketball so we cant have soccer on our minds year round like some players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BH is the same way, GOOB... they really struggle with getting players, and then most of them run track too. The coaches there do a helluva job getting those guys ready to play.

I cannot wait until next Friday when Dixie and BH square off. I am going to be in the stands, watching two heaviweights pound on each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, Blackville-Hilda will be a real contender this year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard