Quote:

Quote:

the parents are more the problem than bad refs
stop bashing and encourage your player to give it their all and rise above bad calls

this, its sports & you have to live with bad/missed calls in every sport. refs don't get up in the morning wanting to make a bad call. for every fan that agrees with a call, theres a fan across the field that doesn't, go figure.
regarding the quick kick, some experienced refs will overlook the 10yd rule because that restart player decided his team had advantage with the quick kick.

Again.... no a foul is not always a foul wherever it happens. The question you SHOULD ask is was the same apparent foul called or ignored earlier in the match. What a fan, a coach, or a player thinks is a foul does not matter, it is what the referee believes is a foul.

Next time you are at a match don't judge what the referee calls based on what you think the foul is, judge if what he called in the first minute was the same as what he called in the 40th or 80th minute. Baseball players know that the first inning is for catchers and pitchers to determine what the umpire's strike zone is. Every umpire has a different zone, and as long as its consistant in that game the players don't mind.

There are plenty of times when I will call or not call something in a game and tell the players that I called it 10 minutes ago, or you did the same thing that your opponent did. The best is when players think something should be called and I tell them that I didn't call it 5 minutes ago so I am not going to call it now. Experienced players will understand this and adjust. Fans and coaches are clueless and have no concept of what is going on or what is being said, they just react to what they see and most of the time they are not sure of what they just saw.