Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

So are you saying the players that are playing aren't deserving of being there?? Just trying to clarify your slam of those selected..

Really? I need to explain this? It seems pretty obvious to me, but OK.

Of course I'm not slamming any players.

But if you think about it without emotion, which always seems so difficult for people on this board,

1. The stated purpose of the event is to "honor some of the Palmetto State's top graduated senior boys/girls players."

2. I assume some of those top senior boys and girls are the seniors on the All-State team.

3. When I look at the seniors on the All-State team, I see several players who will be playing at regionals, so I assume some will have to miss this event.

4. So, unless the players selected for the All-State team aren't some of the top senior boys and girls (I think they are), they would have played had there not been a conflict. But because there is a conflict, they cannot play and the event will be missing some of the best players in the state.

If you think some of my assumptions are wrong or you think the logic falls down somewhere, please explain. Otherwise, I'll assume your post was emotional.

O
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
O
Always a difficult position for players, especially girls, involved with club regionals. But, it's a matter of choices (and life). Time to grow up (for parents, too)!

S
kick off
kick off
S
One would hope though that all players selected for ALL STAR game at least would have made the all region teams for their regions and at least have been nominated for ALL STATE correct?

U
bench
bench
U
Quote:

One would hope though that all players selected for ALL STAR game at least would have made the all region teams for their regions and at least have been nominated for ALL STATE correct?

one would think

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

Always a difficult position for players, especially girls, involved with club regionals. But, it's a matter of choices (and life). Time to grow up (for parents, too)!

Especially girls? what is that supposed to mean, I think a large majority of outstanding male players will be involved in regionals also - of course if any of them dont play at CESA it is unlikely they will be involved in regionals since I think only two non CESA teams qualified for them-ever think that may have led to the decision of when to schedule the game?

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Quote:

Quote:

Especially girls? what is that supposed to mean, I think a large majority of outstanding male players will be involved in regionals also - of course if any of them dont play at CESA it is unlikely they will be involved in regionals since I think only two non CESA teams qualified for them-ever think that may have led to the decision of when to schedule the game?

lvrpul - Not sure what you're trying to get at, but the club regionals have had little, if any, bearing on when the North-South Soccer Classic is held ... The game, since 1989, has annually been held in early to mid June ... Unfortunately, there are conflicts that always arise -- some schools have a later graduation date, club regionals, senior week at the beach, European trips, summer school, entry into the armed services, etc. -- we've seen/heard them all over the years ... The date was established last summer, reiterated on this website as well as at the Summer & Winter Clinics et al ... It is what it is, and we are happy for those players that were selected and can attend.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

lvrpul - Not sure what you're trying to get at, but the club regionals have had little, if any, bearing on when the North-South Soccer Classic is held ... The game, since 1989, has annually been held in early to mid June ... Unfortunately, there are conflicts that always arise -- some schools have a later graduation date, club regionals, senior week at the beach, European trips, summer school, entry into the armed services, etc. -- we've seen/heard them all over the years ... The date was established last summer, reiterated on this website as well as at the Summer & Winter Clinics et al ... It is what it is, and we are happy for those players that were selected and can attend.

And the location/date of regionals and nationals were established long before that, not trying to get at anything just stating a fact, are you implying that the motives for the date of the NS were chosen for an ulterior motive? Me thinks thou dost protest too much!

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And the location/date of regionals and nationals were established long before that, not trying to get at anything just stating a fact, are you implying that the motives for the date of the NS were chosen for an ulterior motive? Me thinks thou dost protest too much!

Wait arent you one of the BC coaches? Please dont tell me you are blogging at work, that could be construed as an innapropriate use of my hardearned taxpayer money

Goal
Goal
If you actually work lvrpul, and I pray you're not in any career that requires writing skills, you must be one miserable, miserable person.

I mean, I'd be mad too if I donned a name of the piss poor club that signed Jordan Henderson, but that's beside the point.

You're either a child or a very disturbed adult.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

If you actually work lvrpul, and I pray you're not in any career that requires writing skills, you must be one miserable, miserable person.

I mean, I'd be mad too if I donned a name of the piss poor club that signed Jordan Henderson, but that's beside the point.

You're either a child or a very disturbed adult.

I didnt know this was a proper use of language and punctuation forum-unlike you I dont have to work bc I became very wealthy (through hard work and the sale of a company for more money than you will ever see in your lifetime) at a young age- take advice from the first part of the moniker you use the Coach is a big boy and can handle his own battles

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard