"Maybe, but realistically from the player perspective of a 3-4 week break from soccer that just isn't the case. Then again maybe they're getting a 3-4 week break away from the fields between HS season and the June lineup of ECNL and Southern Regional events."

I'm confused, are you saying that no soccer in July wouldn't count as a 3-4 week break? For once, I'm not trying to be a smartxxx, you just lost me.

"If as you say the level of competition isn't what it used to be at the open major tournaments like PDA, Disney, CASL, JCup (hard to believe you would consider quality down with all those ECNL teams entered)"

I would only say that competition is down in the brackets where they are letting in clubs' second teams and admitting 15 teams from Florida in an age group and 16 teams from Virginia in an age group. We can argue about a lot of things, but surely you can agree with me that you'd be disappointed if you went down to Disney or up to Richmond with hopes of playing in some 'major' event and you got paired up with the 16th best team in Virginia.

And in all seriousness, I'm glad you enjoyed the travel. I've always said that when we are old and grey we should hope to look back at the time spent in cars, hotels, etc. with our children watching them do what they love and see it as time and money well spent.