Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 28 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 27 28
D
Goal
Goal
D
HH, Chicago is in June not July. No conflict with ODP for your daughter, so saddle up and ride north. Should be a pleasant "cool down" compared to your 95-100 degree games at Regionals the week before.

H
brace
brace
H
DeltaDog since mine decided that she would not play for CESA in the fall, Coach Fleming and im sure with imput from a couple others at CESA decided she would not be allowed to attend ECNL nationals in Chicago. A few days later when i asked him about reginals he gave me a politicaly correct answer about her not being allowed to be with the team at reginals also. Something along the lines of " She accepted a position with another club so she can not be with the team at reginals".
We had figured as much would happen.
Its funny how CESA always said in the past years ( came from Hyslop himself) that if a player did not make the team they wanted for the next fall and then did not go to reginals with their present team, they would not play for CESA. Now it is if you leave CESA you cant go to reginals.
I guess i will have to go to the Mountains to beat the heat.

Last edited by Hard Headed; 05/21/12 05:10 PM.
H
brace
brace
H
Mine had played for CESA at the u-13/14 age. For the u-15 season she played at Charlotte. She had no intention of coming back to CESA for the u-16 season until Fleming called and offered her a spot even before tryouts. If not for that she would probably not be at CESA and we would not be having this discussion.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

DeltaDog since mine decided that she would not play for CESA in the fall, Coach Fleming and im sure with imput from a couple others at CESA decided she would not be allowed to attend ECNL nationals in Chicago. A few days later when i asked him about reginals he gave me a politicaly correct answer about her not being allowed to be with the team at reginals also. Something along the lines of " She accepted a position with another club so she can not be with the team at reginals".
Its funny how CESA always said in the past years ( came from Hyslop himself) that if a player did not make the team they wanted for the next fall and then did not go to reginals with their present team, they would not play for CESA. Now it is if you leave CESA you cant go to reginals.

Hmmm, "offered a spot even before tryouts"...

These are what's called the CESA Shuffle.

bench
bench
Quote:

That's the way the almighty cesa operates. What have you done for me lately?? How dare your daughter not want to play for them!! Glad to see that she came to her senses and moved on. She will be better for it.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
HH, they must have 14+ players committed to go to regionals. if they had around 11, they would be beating your cell phone up begging you to go. might even offer to pay your way.

H
brace
brace
H
gbdawgs i think they have about 18 for reginals and it is in Greenville so i guess they figured they could screw one kid over and not feel bad about it. She figured she wouldnt play after going to a different club but she wanted to be with the team to support them. Go figure.
But you are right. If it was in Texas and they were short on players they wouldnt care if mine was going to Columbia to play they would still let her go.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
It's all about what they need, not what may be best for you.

If they were really interested in your childs continued development (as they say they are), they would let her play, and they also would have another opportunity to convince you to play with them.

But no, they would rather "burn the bridge", as they know there will usually be others to take your place.

But there have been times when "others" were not there, and
they come calling and begging, but still demanding.

D
Goal
Goal
D
HH, sorry she doesn't get to attend, great event. But, maybe could look at it as having fresh legs to show out in Montevallo one more time. At u16 I'm guessing she's closing in on last trip there. So, where's she headed next year?

N
Throw In
Throw In
N
so.....the results of tryouts are trickling in...."final roster for the ECNL team will be posted after regionals in June. Players listed in this pool can be placed at the ECNL or Challenge level". what up wit dat?

Page 20 of 28 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard