Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 28 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 27 28
D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

Works, if that is what the club is doing. Appears to be.

Outside the current u15 age group "Appears to be" becomes very significant. If CESA not only "appears to be" going that way but actually "is" going that way, it impacts which other teams around the state may qualify to play R3PLE next year. (See the previously posted possible adjustments.)

H
brace
brace
H
Last year we know CESA did both. Played ECNL and the team also played n the R3PLE. At that meeting the coach told us that certain players would be on the ECNL roster. The ones that were not would play the R3PLE games and ECNL players would also to fill the roster.Didnt work out that way. All players, (except if a player didnt ant to go)went to all ECNL and R3PLE league games.
I was told by the same coach that they would not do both this year. Maybe they changed their minds. It will be interesting to see if they do and how they shuffle players around to keep the spot.

Does anyone actualy know for a FACT how many players from the roster that won the spot has to be on the roster again?

D
Goal
Goal
D
Heaven knows I'm not the one to speak for Harry, but if you look at what he previously posted it makes sense for the club (club perspective, not necessarily player perspective) to use whatever legal/ethical ways to hold on to as many USYS state championship qualifications for Regionals through this year. The club doesn't want to host the Southern Regionals with none of its girls' teams in attendance. (Not to mention what it would be saying to USYS about the tournament it was hosting... "Thanks for letting us host your tournament, but we don't believe in it anyway and have gone ECNL?")

That said, if the club wants to evolve to become truly capable of offering its members an option or choice as to which model (high level ECNL or high level USYS), then after Regionals it would "separate" the ECNL and top non-ECNL rosters with a goal of getting those top non-ECNL teams into R3PLE or above.

Given this year's SC state cup results, if CESA separates the rosters for next year the club would not have teams in ECNL and R3PLE. They would be ECNL and State League (regardless of the name of the team). Hopefully (that's a CESA-only perspective), the seperate top non-ECNL teams would find their ways into R3PLE at next year's state cup... without "borrowing" from the ECNL roster.

Last edited by DeltaDog; 05/24/12 04:42 PM.
H
brace
brace
H
I just ask someone that knows and a team has to keep 51% of their R3PLE roster for the next year to keep its spot. For the rising u-17s there was 18 players on the team and 1 was added later to make 19. Not sure if the 19th was on the R3PLE roster. They would have to keep 10 players from last years R3PLE roster. Would go against what i was told they were going to do but who knows.

D
Goal
Goal
D
That's true. But, to use those 10 players to hold on to an existing R3PLE spot (rather than letting a new "Premier" win a new spot all on its own) the club not only presses those 10 ECNL players into dual schedule (against ECNL goals), the club has to continue enduring the moaning and groaning of all those complaining about the costs and scheduling required for those players participating in both leagues.

H
brace
brace
H
you are right. It made for a long,tireing and exspensive season when you toss in the ECNL events and the fiasco to Michigan. Im sure they will not bus ride to Michigan this year.
I figure about 4 of last years ECNL team could get left off of this years. That would make less needed to double roster. Maybe they will have the ECNL players that will not get much playing time dual roster. If that is the case i would hate to pay all that money for ECNL and then have to get my playing time in a R3PLE game.
Maybe this is all for nothing and CESA will not have R3PLE teams like i was told would happen by the coach.

H
brace
brace
H
They do have that super reginal or what ever it is called now. Maybe CESA wil get in that also.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
What was the fiasco in Michigan?

H
brace
brace
H
A bus ride that lasted into the next day and then a 5-0 and 4-0 loss. Not the girls fault or CESA's for that matter. Drove until late at night. Stayed at a hotel then drove the rest of the way the next day and had a game the same day. Then a game on sunday and start the drive home.

S
bench
bench
S
But HH, your daughter is a much better soccer player as a result of all of that. She played tough competition, she got to ride on a bus all day and into the night. She probably did not get enough sleep. She is probably a better person as well.

Remember, they are always looking out for you.

And by the way, what are you thinking leaving CESA and going to Charlotte?

Did they promise you an all day and night bus ride???

Last edited by snakeeyes; 05/24/12 06:32 PM.
Page 22 of 28 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard