Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#15687 03/25/04 04:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you've played sports for long enough you will learn nothing in sports is a given. In sports teams that can only beat teams 1 out of every 15 times can do it... theres always a chance

A fact is something that can be proven, a state championship between you guys and these teams wasn't played.

#15688 03/25/04 04:21 AM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
So complain about us getting farther? Thats going to get you no where. How about this...Grow your program as you are currently doing, and attempt to get better. If you want it bad enough, you can do it. Some people see playing club as a way to do that. For that reason, they are better, because they put the time into it. It may not be club for you, but do what it si that will help you improve, because complaining that we need to get kicked out and yada yada, isn't going to get a State Title. It comes down to winning.

#15689 03/25/04 04:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alikujo-I realy wish it was that easy. Building a soccer program at a small rural school like Dixie is a monumental challenge. Our nearest club team is the Toro's in Greenwood which is about a 25 minuite drive. All of Dixie's players play football and basketball. I think that we have come along way and still have a major hill to climb. Untill then your right-it does come down to winning. But just admit it, you guys and CC being in 1A isn't fair. Thats why we are complaining, and to be honest im tired of hearing all the complaints. Action should and needs to be taken. What it really boils down too is that Dixie wants to know who is really the best team in 1A excluding SCS and CC. What do you think needs to be done?

#15690 03/25/04 04:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alikujo-I realy wish it was that easy. Building a soccer program at a small rural school like Dixie is a monumental challenge. Our nearest club team is the Toro's in Greenwood which is about a 25 minuite drive. All of Dixie's players play football and basketball. I think that we have come along way and still have a major hill to climb. Untill then your right-it does come down to winning. But just admit it, you guys and CC being in 1A isn't fair. Thats why we are complaining, and to be honest im tired of hearing all the complaints. Action should and needs to be taken. What it really boils down too is that Dixie wants to know who is really the best team in 1A excluding SCS and CC. What do you think needs to be done? Do you know if Tomek from CC is a senior or what? I really havn't heard alot from CC on the message board this year.

#15691 03/25/04 05:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tomek's a senior along w/ a few of their other really good players like Jake Hendrickson for example.

#15692 03/25/04 07:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its easy to tell someone to grow their program when you have enough people at the school to say "okay you're here to play soccer, you're here to play football...etc" you then put those guys in camps and club leaques that we just don't have the resources for. yes we are getting better, however, in a couple of years we'll be right back to building again, because we don' have the selection of students that larger and even private schools have. most of the time the teams in 1-A consist of guys who say to themselves "hey im fast i bet i'll be good at soccer."

#15693 03/25/04 09:17 PM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
See I think the point everyone is missing here is Public schools seem to think that they are so limited, because of of their zoning or pleyers playing in other sports. SCS, and CC are limited just as much. It costs a butt load of money to attend both of our schools. Not everyone can afford it, so basically talent of players who can't afford our school, can't go to us because they can't attend. We are also at a disadvantage, so how is public school's limitations any different. Also, like I've said 100 times, if your complain about not winning in soccer, than place your focus on soccer. your school doesn't designate what sports you play, you decide what YOU want to tryout for. Its your own fault that your focus isn't on soccer. Once again, you are in control of how good you want to be, so get there, or stop complaining, its that easy.

#15694 03/25/04 10:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many club soccer players would be able to afford CC or SCS? I'm gonna throw out a roughly estimated figure: about 98% of them. Usually the more dominant club players have played club ball for a long time or ODP, which each costs a "butt load" of money...whatever that is defined to be. So they would have no problem attending these schools. It's a losing argument trying to compare public schools' advantages with those of private schools. The clear advantage in the public schools' argument is the fact that the private schools can and do bring in players from a much larger area..an unlimited one. You all aren't recruiting as some people accuse; it's just the fact that you can pull from anywhere u want, assuming that a certain player may choose your school. Your players/coaches are not to blame though; the rules are to blame and ultimately should be changed. But, if I attended one of the top schools in the state and brought in a ring every year while managing to play a fairly tough non-division schedule, I would probably support the interplay of private and public schools for state titles.

#15695 03/26/04 07:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THanks EHS... anyways the green knight is gone get his @$$ handed to him.. Your probablly a water boy or something...

#15696 03/26/04 07:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not only are you mature enough to call somebody names over the internet, you're now adding threats to the list. Congrats.

No I'm not a waterboy, I'm a starter for my high school team that is not only harder to be apart of but would also take your school to the woodshed so just do yourself a favor and stop talking talking b/c you are coming off the wrong way.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard