I used our northern neighbors as a compare because they are the state that is most like SC. Median Household income for example is SC $41,709, NC $43,753 - real close. Demographics are very close.

Some other comparison data not so much, first from America's Health Rankings - United Health Foundation SC ranks 45th overall as a state, 45th for rate of Diabetes, and 47th for obesity. NC Ranks 32 overall, 36th for rate of diabetes, and 30th for obesity.

Annie E. Casey Foundation rates kids well being over the US. SC ranks 43rd, NC 34th.

NC however ranks much worse on public funding on health care, than SC. They spend a third less, than SC per person.

I wonder how this comes to be?

Did you see how the IQ test now have the ladies beating the Gents? Reason given, was them getting out in the world and getting chances to do the same stuff we do.

I wonder if this is all connected?

If we get our daughters and our sons on the field, and out of their chairs, and their thumbs off controllers, I think we will like the results.

There is a correlation between participation, participation gap female to male, and state health and well being rankings.

Not a political message, at all. Just a sports fan's, kids fan's message. For your considerations only.

This is why I was so hard on my district, after I figured out they would do nothing, to increase opportunities. Things are still churning at the state level, trying to get those guys to buy in.