I don't know if it just me but the Cup did not seem as competitive as it has been in the past.
It seems that some of the teams were missing players because of Spring Break, at least more noticable than in the past. I would think that the Cup should be very disappointed in Porter-Gaud because they only showed up with 10 players.

Some statistics:

21/33 64% decided by 2 or more goals
7/33 20% by 1 goal
5/33 16% ended tied

All four Group winners swept their groups.(That is not saying that the games were bad, just an observation)

Another Observation:
The point system that is being used has a hole in it, I think. I wondered about it before the Tournament and it almost happenned. Tell me if I am wrong here, I just love messing with numbers.

example
Team A 20 points after 2 games, 3-0, 3-0 or greater

Team B 12 points after 2 games (1-0 or 2-1) Win and (0-0 or 1-1)Tie

B defeats A by 2-1,3-2,4-3 or 5-3 etc
B receives 8 points min and 9 points max. 20-21
A receives 1 point min and 3 points max. 21-23
W-T-L
No matter A wins the group with a 2-0-1 record
Team B loses the group with a 2-1-0 record

This almost happened
If BC would have only beaten Porter-Gaud 1-0 or 2-1 instead of 2-0 and Riverside would have beaten Lexington 3-0 instead of 2-0. Then BC would have had to beat Riverside by 2 or more and not let Riverside get to 3 goals.

In my opinion, a team that has 2 wins and a tie is better and the 2 wins and a loss team because they had to beat them Head to Head in group play.

Kyle and Kevin why did you guys come up with this system as opposed to the standard W = 3, T = 1 and other tie breakers.