Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
B
brace
brace
B
Thanks for the clarification, Kevin. And the fundamental issue remains. Here's how you do this.
1) Identify the top PLAYING surfaces, by dimension and condition, in the state. 2) Identify who'd CONSIDER hosting. 3) Narrow the field based on amenities and location.
This should be done and dusted MONTHS in advance, so the host can take appropriate steps to maintain/enhance the playing surface and amenities.
I repeat. Time for Jerome to go.

Brace
Brace
Can anyone remember smoke bombs being used at a final? I have been at all of them and I don't recall anything like that.

The Weather Is Here. Wish You Were Beautiful.
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Can anyone remember smoke bombs being used at a final? I have been at all of them and I don't recall anything like that.

There were some flares set off last year in the T.L. Hanna section at Memorial Stadium during the Girls Class 4A Final but those are the only ones I remember.

http://www.independentmail.com/news/2012/may/18/tl-hanna-girls-win-state-title-soccer/

B
brace
brace
B
The reality is, with VERY few exceptions, the SCHSL can find something wrong with just about any venue it DOESN'T want to use. My strong suspicion is, its two primary criteria are proximity to Columbia and gate security. They should be:

1) Quality of playing service.
2) Capacity/quality of seating/lighting
3) Stadium amenities (parking, restrooms, concessions).
4) Ability to segregate fans -- if that's TRULY important.
5) Location.

CJ Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Jerome said there were smoke bombs the last time it was held at Stone stadium...does anybody remember that?

I
goal
goal
I
Smoke bombs, really... that is a people problem and not a stadium problem.

I went to two matches at the USC campus... it was great.

I guess we need to go to the championship match this year and throw smoke bombs, to prove, fire, gravity, sulpher, etc, still work at a high school field, and that is not just a problem at the better/best venues. (just said it out load, I will not be part of that)

What a joke, how could any resonable person make that decision?

L
Goal
Goal
L
will be interesting to know the attendance # TY at Gilbert vs. LY at Memorial.

JS has outdone himself with this decision to play soccer championships at Gilbert.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
To the point of the reason why the government is now trying to get involved...it is obvious dumb decisions like this that gives the SCHSL a deservedly black eye.

So insterad of SCHSL morons we will have the other set who know nothing involved.

I am certain that if Williams Brice was not playable they would have had a secondary option immediately not a t the last minute begin districts to play in their stadium

in fact who is the one doing the title 9 posting??? does Williams Brice facilities equate to Gilbert HS (no offense to the school)? is this a violation of the SCHSL?? maybe we should play the games at W B stadium???

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Oh no we couldn't do that we might accidentally have to sit by another schools fans-

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
So ....

We have a SCHSL comissioner who is obviously not a soccer guy (track and field?) who doesn't pay much attention to recognized recommendations, doesn't beleive he could learn anything by listening to coaches who live the sport, deciding in a vacuum by himself what to do and totally messing it up. And there is no over riding authority to whom he reports to.

Heck of a deal. Like NASCAR. Or the ball deal a few years back.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard