I had the opportunity to attend the Wando game last night -- congrats to the Lady Warriors on another title -- and to be honest, I give credit to Gilbert HS for having a nice facility. However, it is truly in the middle of nowhere and took me nearly 3.5 hours to reach as I got wrong-turned twice by Tom-Tom. It's a good thing the game didn't start on time or I would have been late.

The field was in good shape, but very brown for this time of year. No rye? Decent width, I'd guess 62-63 yards, but wider than their normal field which had a faded black line. I noticed in warm-ups a bunch of balls sailing into the parking lot - need to fix that. But, all in all, ample parking and friendly folk. One knock, the concession stand only had drinks and I had to walk across at halftime to get a hot dog. Also, there were no programs available, or at least I couldn't find one.

One final note, there was NO place to eat after the game. Another reason to have it in Columbia. Our traditional California Dreaming dinner will have to wait.