this is the only consideration that makes me hesitate to vote yes.

But also, I think mercy rules smack of the reputation that soccer can't seem to shake. You know...trophy for everyone, don't hurt anybody's feelings...everybody in the winner circle garbage. We all know that boys soccer in SC has developed into a pretty good product and I think we should have the attitude of football and basketball which is the winning team should win with class and losing teams should fight to the bitter end. And if you look at scores last year, there really aren't many games at all that were of the 10-0 at halftime and play keep away in the second half variety. Now, girl's soccer is different. They just don't seem as able to overcome technical inferiority with athleticism and fight. Therefore you see teams quit. Maybe they do need a rule but boys do not IMO.

Quote:

Aiken High beat someone last year 10-0 in Georgia. The Georgia team tried to keep the score down in the first half. The Georgia team held us to 5 goals in the first half. Five minutes the second half the game was over. The rule helps keep scores down, but it also makes it easy for teams to quit.

The rule makes teams try to win the game in the first half and never play bench players to get the game over as soon as possible.

I do not want to drive over an hour for a 40 minute game.