I have to agree with much of what CS says...having been on both ends of a mismatch more times than one. Realizing that there's no way to win a match doesn't mean there's nothing left to learn from it...again, it depends on the character and mindset of the coaches and players involved. We can simply end a match to keep it from getting out of hand...OR we can do what high school athletics are SUPPOSED to do for our young people and teach them how do deal with situations that are often beyond their complete control.

To say that we have to end the match to keep our young people under control is to say that they cannot be taught to control themselves in tough situations...and this is not a concession I am willing to make. If all we are here to do is coach wins and losses, and our jobs are over as soon as the win or loss is decided, then I say we are wasting a lot of precious time that can be spent on much more important and life-enhancing lessons for our young people.

I am curious about one thing, arrgy...how did that one team intentionally scoring on themselves help to end the match early?

I've got good news and bad news...