Hats off to Coach Stafford for posting this. I agree that this is a problem that needs an answer.

I'm sure many schools around the state could benefit from some academy players joining them this time a year. If this is allowed to continue, what's going to stop a coach from going to "recruit" them to play.

I personally wouldn't do it. I agree with Coach Stafford that my loyalty is to the kids that got me there and I'm not about winning at all costs.

Club situation: we (Summerville Soccer Club) had a U14 that didn't give up a goal all spring season and was the #1 seed in the east division of PMSL1. They go to play a team in the first game that has 4 new players that came from another club. Come to find out, the rule says players can be added to rosters the Wednesday before State Cup.
What sense does that make? That team won state cup and now is trying to "recruit" 5 of our players to go to regionals with them. He is willing to leave kids behind that played all season at the risk of getting embarrassed at regionals instead of letting the kids that earned it go.