If a kid from Walterboro wants to get better & there’s nothing locally that will give him that opportunity for whatever reason, how is that the league’s responsibility? Because as good as that kid may be at some point he will reach a development peak @ Walterboro just because of his location. That’s like kids that go to a DA program from Greenville or Charleston.......certain players will just reach the peak in their area & will have to make a decision as to how they want to continue their development. I’m all for giving every kid a chance an a path, but I also realize that some kids can compete on an ECNL or an RPL team & others might barely survive open league. You can’t appease everyone, but you have to do whatever Best helps your club achieve its overall goal.

As for CPL, a lot of clubs were unhappy with the coastal league for years before CBSC was even a thought. That you gavevrival clubs joining forces to start this new, alternative pathway should give you some idea that, st done pony during these decisions, the development of players was in mind. I have no inside info on what all was said to leave the coastal league, so I can’t feed into the conspiracy theory you’ve been floating out here about this being a power move against CBSC. All I know is that competition usually makes things bettrrr and elevated the quality & im hopeful that is the case here

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com