I don’t disagree with anything here, although I have been told that when ticket prices went up and attendance dropped, they still came out slightly ahead money-wise. As for the Academy as a revenue stream, it may be one, I have no idea without seeing the books, but I do not think that was why the Academy was formed. I think the USYSA mandate for professional clubs to have an Academy was the impetus. They simply started theirs a year early.

As for cost, it is expensive (I think they all are) but not far more than what we paid at SSC when team fees were included. Depending on the team, it cost less given number and venues of tournaments. They are not the most expensive local btw.

I personally don’t believe the owner is committed, though he does have three kids playing for CBSC.

That said, I think LC has been closer to the point. I think he sold the property and will not invest much if any into the club, senior or academy, beyond what is needed to maximize the sale of the senior club. If a new ownership group does come in, I believe it would be fantastic for the club from top to bottom.