Originally Posted By: SoccerinLC
Originally Posted By: Shamrock Rovers

That said, I think LC has been closer to the point. I think he sold the property and will not invest much if any into the club, senior or academy, beyond what is needed to maximize the sale of the senior club. If a new ownership group does come in, I believe it would be fantastic for the club from top to bottom.

The value of the team was the stadium, the owner despite every attempt couldn’t sale it as a package. It’s obvious he wants out. Without a stadium, the team has very little/ no financial value. Mark my word, the absence of a buyer ( & one with cash to burn ) the team will fold in the near future. Which is shame, perhaps a bigger shame that on its way out, over half the LC was alienated from the team for various reason ( youth club, ticket prices, teams lack of quality )..

According to transfermarkt, Chattanooga is worth $1,900,000. They are USL 1.
Greenville Triumph, USL 2, doesn’t have their own stadium, $1,130,000.
Louisville plays in a baseball stadium. $3,750,000.
I think $3,000,000 is a fair estimate of the teams value.

I don’t think the youth club has much to do with it, and certainly not lack os quality of play. For the last five years, they have finished no worse than 6th place in their conference and have made the playoffs three times.

Ticket prices is a fair criticism, and the location on DI doesn’t really help, but I also feel the marketing has been poor. They could give each of the school districts 100 free tickets to every home game to disperse as desired (varsity players, honor roll, good behavior, whatever). That would put butts in seats. Maybe half price for the parent. Right now, there just seems like little effort or creativity there and they have resources and people to do better.