quote:
Originally posted by Berserker:
Headstrong, hey boy, sorry that your AIKEN team lost to such an "inferior team" such as SV. But as they say, "Stuff happens." Your guys can take solace in that they defeated the eventual state champs in head-to-head play. That's an accomplishment. SV's accomplishment is that they defeated the then-ranked #1 team in the state. I'm sure they derive some satisfaction from that. They were the better team that night.

you know, i don't usually like blaming refs for us losing a game, but in this case, i will. and you all can say whatever the hell you want, this ref had the most ridiculous calls i've ever seen. they were so bad that it seemed as if someone paid the guy to make these ****ty calls. one of his wonderful calls cost us a goal. one of our defenders and an SV offender were going for the ball; the SV offender clearly kicked the ball out of bounds. guess what? he called it in their favor and gave them the throw in. that throw in cost us one goal. btw, the refs on the sidelines did a really ****ty job of calling offsides as well. the man i was covering was offsides a number of times when the ball was crossed to him. too bad the kid was too slow. i don't give a damn if you think i'm making up excuses; but to hear someone say that SV was the better team that night is just plain wrong. it's called luck. yeah, that and having the ref on your side.