DCA- if it is only about the academics, then what would be the problem with having BE and CCES compete in SCISA since it is only about the academics? Also, Tomek is a tremendous exception. You cannot say that every player who goes to those schools attends solely for the education and does not look at the athletic reputation of those schools. I knew players who left Riverside b/c they knew they would never see any playing time (but would have won two state title) and went to CCES and stepped into the starting line up. I know that was a few years ago, but all athletes who choose to attend BE or CCES are not looking solely at the academics.

Everyone acts like SCISA is the ugly step-sister of the SCHSL. Pinewood beat BE last year, Ben Lippen has a strong program and with SCISA seperating into levels, it mirrors the SCHSL more than ever. It is not like SCISA is a "boot it, boot it, kick it, kick it" kind of league.

My perception from reading posts on this topic for almost three years now, is that players today think that BE and CCES recently joined the SCHSL. BE has been a member of the SCHSL since the late 80s and CCES since the mid-90s (someone correct me if I'm wrong or give the specific year they joined). Both have dominated their respective leagues since joining. If players from public schools feel it is unfair to have to compete against these teams, then you have to get your parents involved to petition the SCHSL. This topic is discussed to sickening levels every year. Either take some real action or drop it. The SCHSL is not going to listen to players only and they are certainly not going to take posts on a web site from players or parents seriously.

It has to be players to get their parents involved and use the democratic process.