are budgets in that bad of shape? i hope your team doesn't win a few playoff games as a lower seed. that would be detrimental to the athletic department. your coach drives u and you pay 30 more bucks gas at the most. do a fund raiser or something man. there's no excuse for not being able to go 2 hours away from your place. if u do travel, then you could likely get on a system in which you travel one year, and the next year your opposition does...that cuts your cost in half and you keep the good competition.

the point is that good competition is priceless at this stage of your careers, assuming most of you won't be playing college ball. you'll get to a post-career point where you wish u'd made a full effort to play one of your message board rivals (i say that bc u compete more on here than on the field) a few more times for at least the thrill of it if not the win. our coach gave us full opportunity to play any and all of the best competition possible, and he continues to with the newcomers, yet still there's nothing i would like more than to do it all over again. you just can't be satisfied talking it up all season and only getting to prove it in an 80 minute time-span in the playoffs, if even that. if you don't realize that now, then you will soon.