Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Come on guys. The winner has to be......

Hurst66 of the girls forum

He registered in early Feb and already has 273 posts. He will most likely catch 2004striker by the end of the year, esp. if the FM girls win it or the FM boys upset NW. L-E Dude, watch out, he will have caught you by next preseason.

E
throw in
throw in
E
I vote for Steak$11.95 just cause he got a cool name and dont be talkin **** like everybody else does...i won't bring up any names though

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
FLIP-FLOPPERS!

..we'll see.. I'm still groggy from my nap. So..maybe later.

Attn: Edisto_Goalie_4

There is a special block on this thread. Posts by members of the Moron Poster's League cannot be viewed here. Just letting you know so you don't waste anymore time here. Also, good luck with the Moron Poster's League Championship..I hear you are heavily favored!

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
First round action is complete..results will be posted today around 11AM..

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
So..the moment is at hand. But before we find out how it all went down..I must preface with some technical information.

For those of you that love to bicker about rankings and what not..the seeding/brackets for the Poster's Cup League Championship were determined by two major factors.

1) Statistical Information
2) Personal Knowledge

1)
a)All statistical information was compiled through scsoccer.com and the fields that are being analyzed are: Member Number, Number of Posts, Number of Days on the forum/Join Date, Post Per Day Percentage(ppdp).

b)All calculations were done by me personally. Just so you know I'm not making it up:
 -

Actually..I can't even add or subtract..all the calculations were done through this Excel file:

2) As for the personal knowledge. I like to think I've been here pretty long. I can remember before you had to register and people could post under whatever pseudonym they wanted. This place was like Medieval Europe..with ruthless warlords and menacing peons all scraping for their "fair share" I've seen it man..trust me..I know what's up.

Now..down to business.

All posters in this year's Poster's Leage Cup were selected because they are exceptional members of the scsoccer.com community. If you were overlooked..then you were not exceptional enough.

The simplest way to sort brackets was to steal the NCAA baskeball tournament system. The field is split into two divisions (Old Skool and New School)..with one randomly selected "play in" match.

In pre-tournament action posters Anthony Pelton and Andrew Foley met. Though Anthony is a seasoned veteran Foley came in fresh from eating a McChicken Sandwich and drinking a Moutain Dew..combined with a post per day percentage of .367 Mr. Pelton was easily vanquished...while Andrew Foley secured a place in the Poster's League Cup!

Here are the tournament brackets as they currently stand:

Old Skool Division

#1 - ColaFan vs #10 Lowerstate4A
#2 - L-E Dude vs #9 irmo4now
#3 - the voice of reason vs #8 mbsocfan
#4 - Soccer Watcher vs #7 Soccerboy
#5 - Paruthed vs #6 www.R1C.com

New/n00b School Division

#1 - laplageauxfolles vs #10 Hurst66
#2 - Shearer vs #9 CornerFlag
#3 - Andrew Foley vs #8 Bear
#4 - BDad11 vs #7 2004striker
#5 - Chico vs #6 benp

First Round Results

Right off the bat a historic upset took place when #1 seed ColaFan fell to #10 Lowerstate4A. Despite his experience on the boards..ColaFan's devotion to Dreher was ultimately his undoing as Lowerstate4A used his versatility to best his opponent.

In a #2 vs #9 match-up L-E Dude defeated irmo4now easily.. THE L-E Dude was well conditioned in dealing with those of the Irmo nation..while irmo4now underestimated his counterpart.

the voice of reason came out ontop against long time Myrtle Beach supporter mbsocfan who recently has not been posting up to par.

With a superior post percentage of .209 Soccerboy moves past Soccer Watcher on to the second round(irmo4now quickly jumps onto Soccerboy's bandwagon).

In a display of brute force www.R1C.com bombarded the Pinewood Wizard with an average of .5 more posts per day.. not to mention a continuous shower of nagging and complaining.

In n00b School first round action..

laplagfoxollewhatever defeated newcomer Hurst66 in a match that will go down in history. Though Hurst66 came into the match with the highest ppdp of 4.231..laxplagfall was able to escape victorious. With a consistent ppdp of .825..and the most posts of any in the Cup (883)..lagplag is heavily favored to take the divison.

As the two powerhouse posters Shearer and CornerFlag prepared to begin..Sexual Grapefruit and HeHateMe streaked through the competition grounds..but were quickly subdued (Apparently the two had chugged some Brown Ale they'd stolen from Shearer's bag). Though CornerFlag put up a good fight..Shearer's belligerent barrage of British nonsense and exclamation points proved to be too much for CF.

Sadly the cinderella A.Foley couldn't keep the magic going..as he fell to the coherent and concise Bear in a blow-out.

BDad11 never made it to his match with 2004striker..something about broken legs and a horse head in his bed..what are the odds! 2004striker advances.

In the last match of first round action relative newcomer and underdog benp defeated Chico soundly. benp would go on to buy Chico dinner and tell him how good Brookland-Cayce and Ben Lippen are.. [Razz]

Brackets for 2nd round action are as follows:

Old Skool Division
#10 Lowerstate4A vs #2 L-E Dude
#3 the voice of reason vs #7 Soccerboy

Cross Division Match
#6 www.R1C.com vs #1 laplageauxfolles

New School Division
#2 Shearer vs #8 Bear
#7 2004striker vs #6 benp

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
Jack, you're at Clemson, Right? That explains a lot! Please continue to keep us entertained.

brace
brace
The reults are fixed. No fair. No fair. I post sober and my opponent doesn't. Where is the protest comittee???

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by Coach Cady:
Jack, you're at Clemson, Right? That explains a lot! Please continue to keep us entertained.

..what exactly are you implying? [Confused]

CF- Don't be a sore loser.. you had a tough draw.. there is always next season..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off I take GREAT offense to being in the "NU Skool" Bracket!!!!!!

Secondly.....I might post under the influence BUT my posts aided by the Brown Ale for far more enjoyable than most "sober" posts from the "posers" out there!

Bear ...good luck and may the best man when which I intend to!!!

As for R1C.com.....as I said before www.gobacktothegirlspage.com and after all the "SAT" words you use the best "insult/Flame" you could come up with was a "gay" joke....I expect way more out of you....

Shearer Strikes Again!!!

P.S. Bring me the heart of 2004 Striker ....Benp!(joke as in aquote from Fletch while he is in the Dr's Office.....Blue River)

J
Brace
Brace
J
All that I have to say is that is pretty amusing. Jack, don't you have classes to attend? I am proud to have Irmo4now on my bandwagon! Dangit....I have to go against Jason next. I don't think he is nasty enough to take me. Bring it on!

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard