Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
#27067 04/26/05 01:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct I have never seen any of those teams play. In looking at their schedule, not many people have. They only play each other, including in tournaments, and many of their non conference games are against 1A schools. Competition within a region is all relative. There should be tough battles and rivalries in every region. Over the years we've had tough games with Palmetto and West Oak, does that mean our region is one of the toughest in 2A and those teams are deserving of high seeds? According to the schedules region 3 has had some close games with Emerald, Batesburg, Saluda, Mid Carolina. Does that mean their region is the toughest in 2A? It's not all about your region competition. You need to step out of the region to show everyone you are deserving of the higher seeds. Schedule the teams that always get those playoff positions and earn the right to be there. we never received high seeds despite winning 10 games a year until I changed my scheduling practices. We began to play the Emeralds, Waccamaws, Academic Magnets, Senecas, Bishop Englands,Southside Christians, etc. Our level of play improved and we no longer lost in the first or second round of the playoffs. Those teams can make the same thing happen if they change how they schedule games.

#27068 04/26/05 01:44 PM
S
kick off
kick off
S
Well said Gary....

Drave, are you suggesting that coaches are going to be biased just because they were selected to be on the seeding committe? We're talking about some of the most reputable and respected HS coaches within the state. That comment was just plain ignorant.

#27069 04/26/05 01:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are making no sense Drave. The national 100m sprint champion doesn't claim a world championship if his race was close and the guy he beat was a rival. He goes to the Olympics and competes against every other nation.

#27070 04/26/05 02:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great analogy EHSdefender. I was trying to think of one myself but you said it prefectly.

#27071 04/26/05 02:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know the coaches have great reputations, and I am sure they will do the best job that they can. What I am saying is by seeding you are trying to give them the path of least resistance to the championship. That includes the teams you play, where you play (home or away), and how far away you play. It is impossible to objectively seed teams when you have never seen them play. As far as competition, those four teams play each other twice in what is a difficult region. Other regions are Waccamaw, Loris, Aynor, Mullins. Besides Waccamaw only one of those teams has a win. (according to eurosportscoreboard). Another region is BE, Hanahan, Andrews, Garrett Tech. YEs BE is a tough game for Hanahan, but that is it as far as region competition is concerned. Those teams do not have the competition that WH, BWell, SB, and Edisto have within their own region, so they should be out scheduling tough games. My point is teams should go out and schedule tough games, but how they fair in those games, WIN/LOSE, is what is important. Hanahan and Waccamaw have not faired well outside their region with the tough competition. With all due respect we will have to agree to disagree. The games on the field will tell the story. Good luck on Friday with the selection process.

#27072 04/26/05 03:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think wareshoals has a good chance against CC. all they have to do is score one goal early, then pack the 18, because CC cant finish inside the 18.

#27073 04/27/05 04:14 AM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
The chances of WS beating CC are 1-1000, so let's hope that game comes in a week or so.

#27074 04/26/05 06:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lincoln are you a Coach, PLayer, Fan what? I thought you were a coach. It is very unprofessional to whine and critize the integrity of someone you don't know. It can be compared to seeding teams you have not seen or common opponents they have played. Your last post seems to be an insult to myself and Coach Mohr. I have no idea who you are, but unlike your comments indicate I personally am a steward of the game and high school students. My main goal is to promote the game of soccer and develop my players to the best of their ability and develop them as productive young men. The games will be decided on the field and no one will care who is runner-up after May 14. You should concentrate on your on team and if they are as good as you say then they will take care of the results on the pitch. Please do not assume to know me are anything about me. This is not the place for a Coach to discuss such issues. That place would be at one of our Coaches asssociation meetings primarily the summer clinic. Your AD can nominate you next year and you can serve on the com. This board will not earn you respect. The quality of your program and the quality of the kids you help mold will do that. All the best and I look forward to putting a name with a face a some time in the future.

#27075 04/26/05 06:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forgot to sign my name
Brad Nickles
Emerald High School

#27076 04/26/05 07:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's an idea for all those teams that play in their little boxed area down in the lower portion of South Carolina...get your coach to make these deals with other AA coaches, like Pendleton, AJ, Waccamaw, Hanahan...for example: in 2006 make a deal with Pendleton where you go up there one weekend in the season and play Pendleton on Friday night and Walhalla that Saturday morning, in return in 2007 Pendleton comes to Wade-Hampton and plays them on Friday night and Barnwell on Saturday morning...thats how you play other AA teams and thats how you get recognized by the state and also how you receive a higher seeding come playoff time

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard