Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
#29192 05/14/05 03:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am assuming that everyone on here has some kind of soccer experience. Any team can win or lose on any given day, and everyone, even the best players, has a bad game. But, take a coach who has led his teams to 27 championship games and come away with 22 of them..who can dispute that! Savitz is the real deal and he can take players and motivate them and make them Championship teams. A team is not about a player..they may factor in, but no team wins with just one all star. That is why Irmo wins. Savitz knows how to build a team. And there is not one player on this year's team, or any other for that matter, who doesn't play like a champion. I do not and never have played for him or Irmo, but I would've liked to benefit from his teaching. This is an opinion based on numbers, based on stats and based on experience being beat up by him. ha ha. I wouldn't want to go up against any of them with the "power" he has instilled in them. Whether it is Christian, Sani, Spencer, Moody, Zach or the Tight End. Who know who will win and who will lose today, the point is Savitz is a winner and so are his players.

#29193 05/14/05 03:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
guest1425... you are a class act. Whether being from Irmo or not, I agree with you. Thank you for saying it so eloquently.

#29194 05/14/05 03:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, touchy. Was there 3 years ago, my son was one of the 5 (?) who stood up at midfield while Wando was being honored, although he felt cheated by the ref also. No offense meant to others at L-E.

#29195 05/15/05 04:04 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
I was there also..one of the greatest HS matches I've seen..

..should be another classic tonight.

#29196 05/14/05 07:23 PM
corner kick
corner kick
i hope so...it'll be the first time i've been to a state championship when i wasn't affiliated with either team.

#29197 05/15/05 02:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to SA. You have a quick and very, very rough team. Irmo played very poorly though, had one goal that the official clearly missed, and still had chances to tie. Irmo just could not break through because of the SA roughness.

If you let one side get physical, you have to let both sides.

#29198 05/15/05 02:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
actually...that wasnt a goal contrary to all the irmo fan's opinions, i was on the goal line and it never crossed, savitz wasnt argueing that it crossed either, he as argueing a possible hand ball or hold, never the less Irmo should kick themselves for not finishing that chance, and once again for the record the ball never crossed the line.

#29199 05/15/05 02:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your eyes are better than mine and many others then. I could not tell what he was arguing because of the noise level but the official sure did pull the yellow card out fast.

SA has a good team but this years Irmo team does not measure up to past teams. They were very inconsistent in the playoffs, never really playing a complete game from start to finish.

#29200 05/15/05 03:18 AM
goal
goal
I have to give South Aiken credit. They came out hard at the get-go; and, as much as I hate to admit it, I feel that they played a better game, overall.

Geathers is an awesome player - I feel for the Irmo player who had to go against him most of the time, but he did about as good a job as anybody could have.

The SA keeper is very good - his arms looked like they stretched ten feet on some plays - there cannot be many keepers in the state who could get to some of the balls he did.

Irmo fought hard to get back in the game, but the SA defense just did not give them many opportunities.

I would not say that Irmo played poorly, but there were definitely some things they did not do well - like crossing the ball. I don't know how many times they crossed it directly to the keeper. You just can't score like that.

Anyway, again, South Aiken played great - very impressed with their hustle and their skill. Congratulations.

#29201 05/15/05 03:23 AM
goal
goal
Off Sides, when Savitz goes off like that, you know it's a big one...he was definitely saying that an Irmo player was being held back by a SA player. The ref was already po'd at the Irmo camp after two or three of them jumped down his throat early in the game. He warned Savitz that he didn't want to hear anything else out of them - only Savitz.

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard