Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
#29202 05/15/05 03:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love it we win states and you all say it is becasue irmo had a bad game. Think about this one... could they have played poorly due to the team they were playing? I must say I am biased becasue i am a starter for SA, but I also feel that you people should give us respect for our accomplishments. We beat Northwestern and Irmo, which all of you said we couldnt do. The goal you are all saying was a goal. I do agree it looked like one while i was on the feild, however on the news (Channel 6 out of Augusta) it clearly showed that the ball was a good 1 1/2 to two yards off of the line. Thanks to my team, our fans, coaches and Irmo you played a good game.

#29203 05/15/05 04:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Offsides... give Irmo a break! I'm so glad you were on the field with them. They fought hard. Can you actually give another team credit for winning instead of ridiculing your own team. Aiken was rough? How about Irmo? IT'S SOCCER. Congrats SA for a phenomenal year. The same to you Irmo! you both represent this state well!

#29204 05/15/05 04:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job, SA! Both teams represent this state well. Give cedit where credit is do...Off Sides... Irmo was just as capable as years past. I guess it looks a whole lot different from down on the field.

#29205 05/15/05 04:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo & SA you both played great. Unfortunately, someone wins and someone loses. That doesn't mean both teams aren't winners outright. That SA goalie gave us a run for our money. He will be something else in college. Very impressive and one of the only players from SA to actually stand and clap as each of the Irmo players got their medals and trophy. That's class. As for Phil Savitz, folks it was a handball in the box. Just clarifying that, since I heard it from him and the other coaches. The linesman on our side was terrible. Never even called any of the throw ins. Just threw his flag straight in the air and let the center ref call them. That's not good. All in all a great game! Y'all can dispute the goal or not...doesn't matter. It's over...for this year..But Phil isn't done yet. Oh, and just to let y'all know..SA's coach came over after the game and told Phil.."I don't know how we did it, you guys beat the SH*# out of us!!! Thanks coach, that was a great compliment. Congrats SA..to Irmo - you guys are the real deal..always have been, always will be.

#29206 05/15/05 04:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cograts SA.. Whatever else is written on this board doesn't matter.... there were 11 players on that field at all times. 1 player did not win this game! ...and to let you players know... you beat them{ kick the sh### out of them} forwards mids, defense, goalie... ITS SA MAGIC.. SA Rocks...! no excuses soccermom4eva your boys were good but ours happened to be better... so say GREAT JOB SA!

#29207 05/15/05 04:47 AM
corner kick
corner kick
Congrats SA, i was pulling for irmo, and i couldn't really tell from where i was if anything happened in the box. I think people are over looking one very important thing. I never seen such a young player come into a game and make an impact like that...that #19 for irom..jugal something..he is gonna be good...get him some more playin time guys. He played well tonight under the pressure of the state championshp game..i am suprised nobody else has said anythign about him.

#29208 05/15/05 01:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is Coach Savitz from Irmo.
I wanted to express again my congratulations to South Aiken on a well played, exciting 4A match. I think both teams have much to be proud of this game and this year!

#29209 05/16/05 04:05 AM
goal
goal
Coach Savitz can you explain why Irmo walked down the sidelines after receiving the Lower State trophy and turning your backs on the State Champions? We came down to watch the Eastside game but hung around to watch Irmo-SA and couldn't believe that Irmo just walked away. I'm sure there are alot of other teams that would have loved to be in your spot. After all, your still a champion, but just not the state's #1. Just seems a strange time for a team meeting when the champions are receiving their gold medals. [Confused]

#29210 05/16/05 04:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always Right, I don't recall that happening... Both teams are class acts, and im pretty sure that Irmo hung around on the field longer than SA.

#29211 05/16/05 04:31 AM
Brace
Brace
class act? Irmo? the same team that threw away their medals three years ago when we beat them? i didn't see the games yesterday, but i know they can't stand ending the season on a losing note. Irmo needs to learn how to lose with grace.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard