Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
#29212 05/16/05 04:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I assume that was the Wando game, and that game was definitely decided by the refs...similar to last night.

It's hard to "lose with grace" when you feel like you've played two opponents at the same time.

To SA's credit, they played a similar game to Wando...a little bit of skill with a whole lot of physical play. The ref finally starting blowing the whistle in the second half, but the damage was done.

The refs let these games turn into something other than soccer.

#29213 05/15/05 05:44 PM
J
goal kick
goal kick
J
Gimme a break New Refs. Yes South Aiken plays physical, but Irmo was playing against two opponents? You've absolutely got to be kidding me. Every time Jamal had his back to an Irmo defender they would just ram into him and throw a forearm into his back. But unlike Irmo players, he took it like a man and just played. I've never seen a more fragile player than Sani H. He's got great ball skills, but he must have fallen double digit times after barely being touched or taking a light tackle. South Aiken played hard and fair, they didn't turn the game into "something other than soccer" as our blind friend New Refs says. They took it to Irmo and just played harder. I give Irmo credit for the second half and how hard they pushed and attacked, but SA just wanted it more. If anything the ref was against SA getting WAY too card happy and calling ridiculous fouls on SA and non fouls on Irmo.

#29214 05/15/05 05:53 PM
E
goal kick
goal kick
E
no offense to any of the SA players yal are real good, but without Jamal and Goose yall would not of won the game, or even gotton to the state championship game. Irmo controlled the game and played like champions. They got bad calls. but all in all congrats SA great job

#29215 05/15/05 05:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
always right...i think the fact that coach savitz got on the board to congratulate sa says enough about the class of irmo. yall just have to find something to say about irmo. you should have been showing some respect yourself and watching sa receive their medals if you think irmo was trying to be disrespectful. it sounds like you were showing just as much disrespect, as you call it, as irmo.

#29216 05/15/05 06:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jamal took it like a man? Are you joking. The woman went down in the first half for three minutes and then got up and walked off under his own power. Lets not forget the match up on March 1 where he went down with a cramp every two seconds. Why don't yall get off your knees and stop trying to become Jamals new best friend

#29217 05/15/05 06:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The bottom line is that Irmo was not as good as South Aiken. Deal with it, and let South Aiken have their year. Jeez you Irmo fans are such women. I can't believe I sat as close to you all as I did. I was ready to puke on every fan. Every call the ref made was terrible according to you all. It was sickening to hear you open your mouths. I almost swung on the cat in front of me for talking too much.

#29218 05/15/05 06:15 PM
J
goal kick
goal kick
J
Savitz is a complete class act, no doubt. But, that does not even begin to make up for the rest of the Irmo team and fans. If Irmo doesn't win, then something went terribly wrong and it's everybody's fault but theirs. If they're such a dominant force they should've put one in the net and taken the game out of anyone else's hands. I'm suprised there is no crying about SA's goal and how the ref cost them that one too. Irmo needs to lose with grace and just say good game. There is absolutely no argument who the better team was and is. No Irmo crying can take that away from SA.

#29219 05/15/05 06:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i was at the match and the refs did an even job, i would have preferred irmo to win but its interesting to see someone else on top, i hope no one else complains about the refs because they called a good game, not trying to be harsh but it seems to me some irmo fans are having trouble excepting the loss, i actually thought Irmo was getting alot of calls down the line by that side ref nearest to the fans, but i guess its a good thing the irmo fans are so shocked bc that just shows how much they expect to win and how much they have in the past, but it was interesting when the irmo fans continued to chant "irmo" after the game was over in a some what defying "we can still win" manner, but im sure it was just them sympathizing with their players, congrats to both teams (especially to SA, both teams had their high points in the game but SA to me obviously controlled the majority of the game (with out the refs help))

#29220 05/15/05 06:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jeff Hardy......i couldnt agree more. We played as a TEAM we played rough because this was the biggest game of our lives. We played fair, hard, and with a lotta heart. That's it. This was our year to win and we weren't gonna let anyone take it away from us. As for what soccermom said about what our coach said to Coach Savitz after the game....well i'll leave that alone because they did physically beat us down at certain points in the game, but they didnt beat us when it came to schemes and formations and ball control. But then again, that quote can be taken many different ways. Irmo fought hard at the end of the game and they gave it there all, but this was just our year. Irmo is a dynasty at soccer and we were honored to play them twice this year. I look forward to seeing them agian next year.

#29221 05/15/05 06:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very intense game by both squads. As to the controversial goal by Irmo, take a look at this picture, http://goirmo.com/images/ThePlay03.jpg
I think that it's pretty obvious that Irmo got screwed on that call, and nobody can argue because pictures do not lie.

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard