Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
#29232 05/15/05 10:09 PM
brace
brace
It was in...It was out...

Guys, I don't know about you but I have been to several games this year and not one was without a very bad call by the ref. Sometimes those calls were very influential in the outcome of a game, sometimes they weren't. That doesn't excuse a bad call, but unfortunately they do happen. In a case like this the linesman or ref will most likely not make the call if it is not completely clear that it was over the line. After hearing everyone on this board talk about the call, it's pretty clear to me that it was not an obvious call to make. Personally I don't support either team but neither team can tell me that they did not get the benefit of a call in a close game somewhere this season and have me believe it. I'm sure that Irmo has received some favorable calls from referees this year and SA has had the same.

SA and Irmo are to be congratulated on having great seasons, and SA more so because they won something that many people didn't think they could. For the record, I will say that if what has been said on this board with regards to Irmo walking away from the SA recognition is true, then it shows a true lack of sportsmanship on the entire team. It's OK to be upset or mad about a loss but to me it shows a lack of character on Irmo this this is the second time the past few years that htis has happened.

#29233 05/15/05 10:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haha go south aiken.......said by a gaffney fan....this is a kodak moment

#29234 05/15/05 10:23 PM
Brace
Brace
as has already been posted the Irmo parent said her kids need to "learn how to lose". No kidding! This is not the first time they've shown a lack of class. In fact I was at the last one and could not believe a team with that reputation would act like that. It's a shame, but what are the general fans to do about it?????

#29235 05/15/05 10:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cornerflag,

...a red card in the previous SA game and NW game ide say were pretty favorable to Irmo. For someone who says hes not bias you are quite quick to be so bias. At least this year its not, "Referees favor Irmo because Dennis Cook picks them personally" or "Referees always let Irmo get away with stuff," or " Refs always give Irmo the game."

In games i've seen this year, in order to hault prior season skepticism on Irmo and refs (particularly because Dennis Cook, a referee assigner, is on Irmo's sideline), refs have potentially become bias toward Irmo opponents.

This is just a theory, though... but i mean, hell if Irmo won every year, what would be the fun in that?

As for the sportsmanship issue:

I am sure that Phil Savitz would not purposefully put a blemish on his well known reputation of being one of the classiest coaches in High School soccer.

If you are going to be unbias, Cornerflag, then you can't attack one side and defend the other. Here is a defense for the side you so humbly attacked.

#29236 05/15/05 11:00 PM
brace
brace
Futbol:

What the heck are you talking about? How am I biased against Irmo with what I said? Where did I defend SA? I think that you need to slow down and reread.

With regards to Savitz, again I did not say that it was on purpose, but the act, whether intentional or unintentional shows lack of respect.

#29237 05/15/05 11:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just look at the SA guy's right leg which is on the goal line and you will see that the ball is behind his leg. However, the seasons over as some have said. Fame is fleeting anyway.

As far as officiating goes, I have seen worse, but remember they are human beings too.

#29238 05/15/05 11:33 PM
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
this may be a little late to say this..but anyways...#19 for irmo played a amazing game on saturday...and he is only a freshman!!!..cant wait to see him play in a few years..congrats to SA for a great win and thanks to both teams for a very entertaining game!!

#29239 05/15/05 11:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to change the subject but...

Does anyone know what the shirts Goose and Jamal said on them? I can only imagine it was brilliant!

#29240 05/15/05 11:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The shirts said "Carolina". Goose is going there next year and Jamal is going there as well but another year with the T-Breds first!

#29241 05/15/05 11:46 PM
W
goal
goal
W
Carolina Soccer

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard