I figured.

#29466 05/13/05 03:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I get my licks in here about Coaches Graves and Boulware? From what I saw, Coach Graves is lucky he was not tossed. The ball being kicked was only 1 thing he did that should have got him run. Coach Boulware is a nice guy and I thought that Cardinal Newman team has played bettr than they did against HH. Coach Boulware and the CN asst also had their moments where they acted like little kids instead of coaches. I don't think either coach really would want to see a tape of that match. I thought the players on both teams really acted and did better than the coaches.

#29467 05/13/05 01:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kyle Heise:

I apologize for seemingly stirring up some differing opinions of Mr. Graves on this website. I thought offering differing opinions would be an excellent way to encourage intelligent, thoughtful discussions of soccer in SC. Obviously, I was incorrect.

I am sure many others will refrain from voicing an intelligent opinion in the future for fear of being verbally reprimanded on the website by one of the Heise clan.

I am a very proud parent of a Cardinal Newman soccer player and will not change my opinion of Mr. Graves' behavior on that particular night. I understand passion for the game and love of the players but it can go too far. Coaches are public entities who represent their individual schools--they need to keep that in mind when they are on the sidelines.

I am VERY impressed that he publicly apologized for ONE of his actions. I agree with Mr. Graves that this message board should not be used in the manner that Rdbrrn16 (and others) has done. It's just not intelligent dialogue and soccer is an intelligent game.

#29468 05/14/05 04:36 AM
P
throw in
throw in
P
CN SoccerMOM-

With all do respect: Beause someone does not agree with your "intelligent opinions" does not mean that you are being reprimanded.

Futhermore, "Stirring up conversation" at the expense of someone elses reputation may in some peoples eyes not be setting a good example and may warrant an apology of it's own.

If you truly want a valid assessment of my character ask the players on your son's team. I was fortunate to be their coach at team camp last summer at Furman University and was able to work with them exclusively for the duration of the week.

Finally, CNMOM - As I addressed to my team yesterday at practice. There are going to be a lot of distractions between now and Saturday's Championship Match. (This being one example.) I conveyed to them that we do not want to get caught up with these sort of distractions because it will not help us achieve our objective.

That being said, we have exactly 28 hours to prepare ourselves for the opportunity of a lifetime and therefore my players and I will not be reading or posting anything on this message board.

I welcome you to contact me personally (after this weekend) if you would like to have futher conversation about soccer or otherwise. Their are many folks at Cardinal Newman that can put you in touch with me being that I am a CN graduate and spent 7 wonderful years teaching and coaching at the school.

#29469 05/13/05 05:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Highlander--

You assume I have a SON who is a soccer player at Cardinal Newman. I do not. I have a daughter who will be leading her team to the SCISA championship game tomorrow. (Thanks to Heathwood Hall School for answering St. Joseph's call to move this game to a more central location for them!)

I apologize if I hurt your feelings. I am amazed that voicing my opinion could possibly affect your reputation as a coach. You must think people value my opinion.

#29470 05/13/05 05:16 PM
B
goal
goal
B
Mom, give it a rest. Please!

#29471 05/13/05 05:39 PM
B
kick off
kick off
B
How is deciding a game by the use of PKs "asinine"? Why don't some of you defend the Game (not the game), itself, by calling her out on her most ridiculous comment in that entire emotion-blurred post?

Put the most of five kicks in the goal and you win, lady. I suppose you'd prefer they flip a coin or, better (worse) yet, give them all a trophy for trying?

#29472 05/13/05 05:44 PM
hat-trick
hat-trick
I would agree with mommy on this one (as much as i dissagree with everything else). Pk's is the worst way to end a soccer game. Have you ever noticed that no other soccer league (that I've ever heard of) uses pks to decide games unless they are the championship game (or playoffs)? I know that the HH CN game HAD to go into pks, but in the season, they should never be used. Why not just end in ties, and use the point system...It would make a lot more sense, and CN wouldn't have had to play HH so early, because they would have been 2nd seed.

#29473 05/13/05 05:47 PM
B
kick off
kick off
B
This is America. We despise ties. Does this really need explanation?

Also, take that extra ten minutes at the end of practice to work with your goalies. It'll save you a lot of heartache and whining.

#29474 05/13/05 05:48 PM
corner kick
corner kick
i agree with ben p on this... I think a points system needs to be put in. I am tired of PK's..winning and losing..it is exciting for the fans, but a nightmare for players and coaches.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard