Congratulations to S. Aiken and everyone on the team who won the 4A State Championship. I know every player on the team and I know they worked extremely hard to be the team on top at the end. I am very proud of each and every one of you. Yes Coach Waters and Coach Allen had a lot of talent however it takes more then just talent to win a championship. It takes everyone working together from top to bottom for the same goal. My hats off to both of you for getting it done. I don’t get on here very often because I feel there is a little too much trash talking. I also believe if you have something to say about someone then say it to them. Marcoefan I’m in the book look me up sometime and get what ever you have against me off your chest like a man. You’ll sleep better at night. Just my opinion. As far as making players I am a firm believer that players make players not coaches. I am smiling from ear to ear with the fact that so many Fire players went on to win HS State Championships. I would love to take credit for “making them” however I can assure you when we were doing 3 a days for weeks at a time every summer I was not the one throwing up and exhausted. I never took a step for them, made a pass for them, scored a goal for them or stop an attacker for them. They did that, they were and are Champions and it was a pleasure to be around such unbelievable kids. At the end of the day I learned a great deal from them and am better for being around them. They are more then just players to me they are my family.
On another note, Phil Savitz and the boys from Irmo were class from top to bottom. Fought hard and played well and I for one love to see a coach who has won so many HS Championships show emotion for the game and his team. You are the best and the 3 1/2 years I got to work with you in Irmo was a pleasure for me. You taught me a lot.