Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I said earlier, thank you for all these enlightening rationalizations and postulations. They serve my ends quite nicely.

Soccerboy, I am not a Irmo hater. I do not have a bumper sticker on my car that says go Irmo, but I don't begrudge them success. Obviously you are too close to Irmo to see clearly. I suggest you look through a Irmo yearbook, milk a cow to clear your mind, and take a nap.

Fanatic.Believe me, when you say something sarcastic, you will not have to spell it out to me- I'm still waiting. I've heard the same thing about Heise. He is an unsavory character that is set on undermining the Irmo tradition- Who do you think will buy in to that on this message board fool.

Belligerant, misguided though you are, I'll accept your theory, even though you probably watch too many "X Files" reruns.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Futbol

I believe that post on Irmo and the Palmetto Cup to be false. I remember hearing Savitz saying that he does not attend a Spring Break tournament because he feels it is best for his team to be away from soccer during their break. Obviously, he believes that it is in their best interest to take a break. I have heard Kyle and Kevin say that Irmo is one of the few teams that always has an open invitation to attend the tournament. If he was concerned about who won his tournament, he would not invite powerhouses such as Wando, Norman North, Bishop England, etc.

As for Belligerent, is it necessary for you to criticize Dexter because of a typo?? You know what he meant.

Why do people care what Irmo did during or after the ceremonies? I can tell you why, because it is becoming a theme with them after they lose in this match. Do you not think that Socastee, Emerald, or Academic Magnet was not upset? Was Northwestern not upset the last 2 years when losing in OT? Does BE show their @sses when they lose? Irmo based on people's perception have done this against Wando and now SA.

Soccerboy, lets see some video after the game! we probably dont have that now do we

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Sorry, me and kevin were posting at the same time. did not mean to repeat the same thing

J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
Considereing that I don't do the videotaping, there is no video that I have of that. I already said I was baised toward Irmo, but some of this bantering is getting out of hand. Irmo has been invited to the Palmetto tourney, but Phil thinks it is best to let his team rest. Don't go spouting off on things you don't know Futbol. If coach would actually read what I wrote, he would determine that I was questioning why Mr. Heise wrote what he wrote? I was not attacking, for if I was, it wouldn't be pretty, and the gloves would come off. I won't go off on what I think of sportsmanship, because I don't represent Irmo. But thanks for letting me know what I was trying to say coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm almost afraid to post this for fear of soccerboy "taking his gloves off." Wait a minute. OK, I just had a Red Stripe and am full of bravado.

I just read your post again, so let me get this straight.You have finished second in a state championship match of some sort. After you received your second place medals, you took your team away to speak to them while the championship team was receiving theirs. Is that correct? If so, you don't see anyhting wrong with that? I'll wait to hear from you before I proceed with this thought. I'm trembling. I better get another Stripe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since I was at the game, and since I do personally know and talk to the boys, let me say this and hopefully be done with it. I don't know what happened at the 2002 match. I didn't see it, but I have heard the stories. But I did see Saturday's. I do not recall seeing anyone turn their back, or slight SA - INTENTIONALLY - I recall seeing tears and a lot of hugs. Of course, my eyes honestly were on my own son, who, along with the group he was standing with, wiped tears and clapped when SA got their medals. Now, not to start anything, but, while Irmo got their medals, SA was still basking in the glow of victory and, rightfully so, were hugging parents and coaches and celebrating. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that is disrespectful, the only player who actually paid attention and stood and watched and clapped was the goalie, which I thought was very honorable, if I can get away with using that word. Why must we keep perpetuating who did what to whom? The Republicans have their opinions, and the Democrats have theirs - and NEVER will the two meet. ha ha.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soccerboy, gloves coming off?? You seem to be challenging everyone to some sort of alternative other than discussing issues fairly and without bias. It seems to be beneath you to admit that there are quality teams other than Irmo, that South Aiken deserved to win the match, and that other people's opinions are not inferior to yours. Resorting to violence (gloves coming off) is not the answer. Also, since when do officials challenge someone to playing on the field. Do you know of any officials locally who are/were good players? Doubt it. I could be wrong, but I certainly haven't seen many.

coach
coach
belligerent,
I am not a great communicator. Perhaps I chose my words unwisely. I may should have said 'it is fortunate' or something else. But I surely did not intend a back-hand comment to Savitz. I don't even play tennis!

J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
Gloves comes off is a regular part of speech that means I will not be as amacable if I was attacking someone (verbally). I don't get into physical confrontations because personally its barbaric. Have you heard of being sued for assault and battery...not a wise choice to get into a fight. Once again coach takes words out of context, or doesn't have a grasp on the english language to understand what I am talking about. What a sad, sad day to have your ignorance exposed.

coach
coach
soccerboy,
I think you meant to say you would not be as 'amicable' if you were attacking someone. Yeah, I hate it too when someone exposes my ignorrance.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard