A
Is that you Kermit?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, Ref, excuse me if I seemed to take you at face value. I guess all of Irmo is the same. I can't seem to read you guys. You say "gloves off" and that carries a different contextual meaning than what I am used to. The irmo players turn their backs on the state champions and that means that they would rather not disrespect their coach during a speech that is coincidentally taking place at the same time as the presentation. Most people perceive that to mean something totally different. Is it my ignorance that is exposed?

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
well soccerboy you wanted to play soccer against me and stated that you enjoyed inflicting pain on opposing players so violence seems alittle more than speech with you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
take that and rewind it back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach, I'm from Irmo. Just wanted to say hey y'all from the dark side.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that these childish arguments and personal putdowns are exposing the ignorance of more than one person on these boards. It's especially sad that it's between a "coach" and an official. Please remember who all reads these boards and act accordingly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
high. horse. see. can. you. from. your. briko3.

J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
Oops, I had a typo. I guess I do have some ignorance when it comes to my keyboard!

coach
coach
Good comments briko. We need to all realize that this forum is for the betterment and enjoyment of soccer in this state. Personal comments, attacks, etc. should not be a part of our discussions. It only hurts the game and its participants. I think we all, except for benp lippen, need to go over to Shearer's trailer park (Lot #14) and imbibe many brown ales.

J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
Lowerstate, I did inflict pain on many forwards...but I didn't play at Irmo, I moved in my junior year. I played baseball because at the time I enjoyed baseball more than soccer. I did play in northern Illinois, and I was playing varsity as a freshman. I was known to be a bit physical on the field, and was of the mentality that if you physically pounded a player, they would think twice about coming in your general vicinity again. I received my fair of yellow cards, and I even got a red once. A kid from rock island (IL) slide tackled me from behind, and only got a yellow. I went back into the game after getting injured and full on tackled the kid as hard as I could. I shouldn't have done that, and I won't teach my children to do that. I still play a physical game when I play. As for my reffing, I don't care what people in SC think of it, because I will never move back, and I will never ref another game there.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard