Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#32250 02/09/06 03:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The emphasis here is being taken away from the Northwestern team and being put on the coaches. Should not be that way. Let's have some class.

#32251 02/09/06 03:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shame on a @@@@@@@ that trys to run game on a @@@@@!

Wouldn't y say Nino and Loc?

Swingin swords comin at ya!!!

#32252 02/09/06 04:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man plese does my name say pretty ricky??? No This ain't no Nel;ly video, this is the WU . Kickman you might want to stay in Hampton w/ toby kieth or sumptin.

#32253 02/09/06 04:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man go back to the Burbs. Here BOY I am Western Unioning you a Clue. WU TANG CLAN AIN"T NUTTIN TO **** wit!

#32254 02/09/06 04:40 PM
world cup
world cup
WU - Winthrop University?

#32255 02/09/06 06:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RZA,
Ricky is a one hit wonder- like Rockwell and Biz Markie. He ain't got nothing else to say.

RIP ODB.Pour some out.

#32256 02/09/06 08:49 PM
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
No entiendo.... ("comprendo" to you yanks)

#32257 02/09/06 09:42 PM
B
kick off
kick off
B
The Dutch Fork-Northwestern argument will continue to go one forever unless 1 of 3 things occur: 1. The teams meet head to head in a tourney; 2. The season is over; 3. One team completely implodes. The reason the debate will not end until one of these happens is because both teams are some seemingly similar on paper. Both teams only lost one major contributor from teams that both lost in the state semifinals. The major differences being Northwestern has an unproven coach.
It is true that the Northwestern coach is in his first year, but did Finotti (a great coach I might add) have any high school head coaching experience when he took the job at Northwestern? Give the coaching edge for now to Dutch Fork because of experience. Both teams are loaded with talent, but Northwestern returns the state player of the year in Arroyo (granted a very controversial award. I personally believe Geathers should have won). Give the returning talent edge to Northwestern. Finally, the debate about strength of schedule arises. Dutch Fork seemingly has a tough schedule because their region contains perennial powerhouses Irmo, Spring Valley, and Ridgeview, but even though Northwestern’s region schedule is weak props should be given to the coaching staff/AD for atleast scheduling a tough non-conference schedule (playing in 2 best state tourneys plus @ Eastside, Dorman). The schedule edge goes to Dutch Fork, but this early in the season it is tough to determine if this will be a good thing or a bad thing depending on the character of the team and whether they can ever get out of Irmo’s shadow. A team with good character gets better by playing tough competition while a team with poor character loses confidence and suffers by it. Which team if either will finish on top? Only time will tell.

#32258 02/10/06 12:28 AM
S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Let me give my opinion on this Northwestern thing. If you look at the last 15-20 of Northwestern soccer they have always been successful no matter who the coach was. Not their fault, but they play in a very weak are of the state and have always gotten all or most of the talent from the surrounding clubs. So in spight of what Dom Wren or any other soccer coach does at Northwestern they will be successful. You could take someone with little experience and Northwestern would win because of their location, competition level and talent.

#32259 02/10/06 01:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like always chaps, someone always takes the argument out of context.

As my point to the statement there "LOC" !? was to point out the performance of the NW team will have no down fall, limitations, failures, etc. this season because coach Finotti left!!!!!!

AND, we are talking about highschool soccer not Premier league ball or college.

When you have a team that was 25-2 last year with one senior starter leaving, 3 juniors leading the state in scoring and the player of the year on the team - now having 15+ senior laden team I feel the coach leaving will have little effect.

There was never a statement that Finotti wasn't a great coach at the school, I just think based on the overwhelming talent available at the school, the thought that losing your head coach will kill a team is over-rated.

And the new coaching staff is chomping at the bit to prove themselves at the same time...
So don't get so carried away with your out of context thoughts, or read too far into something that just isn't there...

If you want me to give you a call I will!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard