Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#39679 05/03/06 05:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is very true - however, I think perhaps we can all agree that it's a game. These are kids after all, and it does a dis-sevice to all of them to say things like, you didn't win because the refs were so bad, or you won because of the refs. My perspective is that the game proceeded in spite of any questionable calls on both sides and the outcome was what it was in spite of any calls. Take responsiblity for your own actions - it's a simple lesson for all.

#39680 05/03/06 06:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i garuntee that flora will lose in the next round anyway. woodmont would have too. i guess in reality, it really doesnt matter

#39681 05/03/06 06:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would of course, have to disagree with that assesment after looking at the final result from the Riverside/Traveler's Rest game. I was expecting a decisive win from Riverside, not winning by one in shots. Honestly, I think either Flora (or Woodmont, had they gone through,) has an excellent shot at beating Riverside. I think it will be a close game no matter what the outcome. In reality, tournaments and playoffs are different games - alot more psyche in the mix. They are not as predictible as regular season games. Confidence, over-confidence, excitement, expectations, and fatigue, all play a role. We're looking forward to a good match and obviously hoping for a win. It does matter to US! I would like to wish the teams moving on to the next round good luck and hope they all play games they can be proud of and that no one gets injured. We can't really ask for more than that..........

#39682 05/03/06 07:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you do not have a shot at riverside just face the facts, just like you really didnt have a shot at woodmont!!! but at least you got one win!!!

#39683 05/03/06 07:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ColumbiaMom -
I admire your willingness to stick up for your opinions and for your team!
Good Luck, Flora in the next round!

#39684 05/03/06 07:46 PM
S
throw in
throw in
S
yea thanks for the analysis on playoffs there mom since im sure you've watched alot of games from the side, now why don't you get back to knitting and let people talk on this page who actually know what they are talking about- A.C. Flora beating Riverside would be the talk of the book club huh?

#39685 05/03/06 07:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
scskeeper, "for a team that didn't have a shot" at Woodmont, we managed to pull off a solid 4-2 win over them by playing our game-nothing new, no special tactics or secret strategies...you might as well accept the fact that a midlands school beat one of the "true upstate" schools.
Thank u, taketheshot, for your supportive message-
I'm looking forward to a well-played match.

#39686 05/03/06 08:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sideline24,actually I have watched alot of games from the sidelines, at all levels, just as I'm sure you have from the bench - I'm not the one on here whining that my team got "screwed" because the refs didn't like us - I happen to have enough faith in our kids to know that they are capable of playing an "upset" game. I'm also not on here saying that Flora is going to wipe out Riverside-I'm simply saying that our team earned the right to play the next round and has a much of a chance to win as our opponent. Now, go do your homework, it must almost be your bedtime.

#39687 05/03/06 08:56 PM
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Now if you beat Riverside, that will be beating a "true upstate" school. Until then you haven't done so.

#39688 05/03/06 09:22 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
I saw the center ref with Hester Prynne the night before the match!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard