Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4032 03/20/02 07:20 PM
D
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
D
To Official:
I couldn't agree more about a line being drawn.
Just last night I witnessed a player being "frisked" as the Police would do after he scored an excellent goal. It definitely drew attention to the goal scorer.

My question is why he was not carded/ejected (although I nor the referee's saw anything wrong with it...it seems that my player was unfairly singled out).

Someone needs to address this situation before other teams run into the same problem.

#4033 03/20/02 08:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B&Goo
Yes I am from Wade Hampton in Hampton, but the GIRLS goalie mom [Smile] , not the guys, there is a big difference. I was here checking scores and had to give my 2 cents worth. I was front and center of that "display" and am still totally against that type of behavior. I support my school, but I do not always approve of the behavior. Somethings you cannot control. Let me apologize to you for the behavior at our field.

#4034 03/20/02 11:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
celebrating is something that should be able to be done as long as its not excessive or delaying the start of the ball. getting an awesome goal needs to be celebrated. i mean people do get a great feeling when they score a big goal, so what better way to express than to do a little something afterwards.

#4035 03/21/02 01:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry WHHSMOM, Thanks for clearing that up. I think Edisto is gonna have some competition for your girls next year, at least i hope. we are planning on starting up a girls team.

#4036 03/21/02 01:55 AM
J
Brace
Brace
J
I am an official, and the way I look at it is celebration is OK as long as nobody is verbally attacking someone, or as long as they don't interrupt with the flow of play. I think some officials get "card happy". Thats why they are allowed to verbally warn someone. Without verbal warning, the meaning of the card has been diminished. So before we go jumping off to conclusions that cards have to be pulled for anything and everything, verbally warn the offender. If it happens again, card the offender. But they are kids, let them have some fun......if no swear words are used, and no racial slurs are called out, let them have some fun as long as the game can procede without interruption.

#4037 03/21/02 02:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i couldnt agree more, soccer boy. its ridiculous how some refs are about giving cards for a celebration. the game is played to have fun and as long as your celebration doesnt offend the other team then i dont see whats all the fuss about. geeze this whole thing is crazy and taunting is when you and another player are getting into it verbally, not after a hard fought goal.

#4038 03/21/02 02:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, there is nothing wrong with spontaneous celebration. It's the orchestrated stuff that I think the high school league takes exception to and should not be permitted. It is against the rules, but that doesn't mean a card/ejection has to be given every time. But a verbal warning must be given as a minimum.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard