Well I'm sure everyone would agree that both of these teams are the best around when it comes to building attacks in the midfield. The game that these two teams are playing nowadays is in fact completely opposite of "kickball". Both teams were superb. I do agree that Northwestern didn't build their attacks through the midfield like they normally do; but that's the way it goes, sometimes they had to look to skip the midfield and go straight to the forwards and build upon them. I think a lot of it had to do with the 1-0 lead, especially in the 2nd half. Obviously things start to get frantic in those situations, so clearing the ball constantly is understandable. It seemed as though Spring Valley had a bit more presence in midfield, it looked like Northwestern was giving them too much time and not pressuring enough, which led to some pretty nice build-ups.
As far as the red goes, the SV defender fouled first, they both went down, they both get up and Kropp says something to the ref for a red. There wasn't any violence in the act, I thought that should be cleared up.
Overall it was a great game to watch, even if the one goal was a pk. Both teams deserved to be there last night. Congratulations to all of the state champions