LE Dude, your reference to the Hanahan and BE discussion is a valid one...Seemingly as both schools draw from a mostly suburban setting, it would disprove any notion of location being a major factor.However, just as attendance lines are not the only factor in BE's success, then neither is location....The fact is, BE is the perfect storm of several factors which lead to a disparate amount of success in certain sports...Affluence, tradition, commitment,superb coaching, and location all contribute to BE's soccer success... Most people I know from BE send their children there because of academics and the total school enviroment. Perhaps prior success in soccer would lead some to send their kids to BE for that reason, but the same thing happens when schools are restricted by attendance lines...You don't think people choose which school districts they live in by factors regarding the school system.If you would restrict BE to a certain geographic location then a parent willing to spend $9500 on a child's education would also be willing to move to that district in my opinion...

If given the choice , I'm sure BE would move up in classification in certain sports..However as a member of SCHSL who follows the rules as laid out by that organiztion, BE is placed in AA by the High School League and that is where they find themselves in all sports.